Pork Saltimbocca recipe
1 Pork Tenderloin Fillet - trimmed6 Sprigs of fresh SageOlive Oil50ml Marsala Wine1 tbls Lemon Juice250g Washed Spinach400-450g Cooked New Potatoes25g ButterSalt & Pepper
METHOD:1. Heat the oven to 160C.
2. Cut the tenderloin in half, slice each piece along the entire length of the fillet, making sure not to slice all the way through, and then open out flat. Place between pieces of cling film and flatten out to 5mm thickness by beating with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
3. Take the beaten out fillet and place a piece of Parma Ham, 3 sprigs of Sage and a little salt and pepper on each one and fold over.
You may also want to watch:
4. Lightly dust with plain flour
5. Heat an oven proof pan with 25ml Olive oil and brown the pork on each side, add a squeeze of lemon juice and the Marsala and transfer to the oven for 5mins.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
6. In a separate pan heat the butter, lightly crush the potatoes with the palm of your hand, add to the pan and warm through turning occasionally, chop the spinach and toss in the warm potatoes before serving.
THE COPPER HORSEMain Street, Seamer, ScarboroughHead Chef: Neil Loggie