Porchester Place Polo tops list of parking shame
Rogue parking offenders are being hounded by traffic chiefs in a bid to claw back more than £100,000. A list of the worst offenders has been drawn up by the council. A black Volkswagen Polo in Porchester Place is the main culprit. The car, registration W1
Rogue parking offenders are being hounded by traffic chiefs in a bid to claw back more than £100,000.
A list of the worst offenders has been drawn up by the council.
A black Volkswagen Polo in Porchester Place is the main culprit. The car, registration W152 NAX has received 150 tickets since last April and the owner owes more than £15,000.
Second on the council's list is a black Renault Laguna in Crawford Street with 129 tickets. And in Maida Vale, a green Mercedes A-Class has accumulated almost 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
In total, 2,055 drivers have been branded "persistent evaders" by the council, which is owed £1.6million in unpaid fines.
Transport spokesman councillor Danny Chalkley said: "These vehicles we are targeting are a hardcore group of evaders who simply refuse to pay despite being sent reminders.
- 1 Paedophile jailed for taking 'indecent photos' of a child
- 2 Hampstead Heath 150: Swimmers celebrate a ‘breathtaking paradise’
- 3 Cyclist brings Everest to Highgate in charity challenge
- 4 Police appeal after shih-tzu mauled by dog in Regent's Park
- 5 Nightmare continues at Tottenham in managerial search
- 6 Camden man leaps from dock and flees court after being handed jail term
- 7 Woman killed in Camden car crash
- 8 Old Haverstock Hill NatWest to become a Nisa
- 9 Campaign to protect 'century-old' lime tree in Highgate
- 10 Three recipes with strawberries
"No-one likes getting a parking ticket but most motorists play fair and either pay or appeal. Yet this tiny minority feel the rules do not apply to them.