Porchester Place Polo tops list of parking shame
Rogue parking offenders are being hounded by traffic chiefs in a bid to claw back more than £100,000. A list of the worst offenders has been drawn up by the council. A black Volkswagen Polo in Porchester Place is the main culprit. The car, registration W1
Rogue parking offenders are being hounded by traffic chiefs in a bid to claw back more than £100,000.
A list of the worst offenders has been drawn up by the council.
A black Volkswagen Polo in Porchester Place is the main culprit. The car, registration W152 NAX has received 150 tickets since last April and the owner owes more than £15,000.
Second on the council's list is a black Renault Laguna in Crawford Street with 129 tickets. And in Maida Vale, a green Mercedes A-Class has accumulated almost 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
In total, 2,055 drivers have been branded "persistent evaders" by the council, which is owed £1.6million in unpaid fines.
Transport spokesman councillor Danny Chalkley said: "These vehicles we are targeting are a hardcore group of evaders who simply refuse to pay despite being sent reminders.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
"No-one likes getting a parking ticket but most motorists play fair and either pay or appeal. Yet this tiny minority feel the rules do not apply to them.