Porchester Place Polo tops list of parking shame
Rogue parking offenders are being hounded by traffic chiefs in a bid to claw back more than £100,000. A list of the worst offenders has been drawn up by the council. A black Volkswagen Polo in Porchester Place is the main culprit. The car, registration W1
Rogue parking offenders are being hounded by traffic chiefs in a bid to claw back more than £100,000.
A list of the worst offenders has been drawn up by the council.
A black Volkswagen Polo in Porchester Place is the main culprit. The car, registration W152 NAX has received 150 tickets since last April and the owner owes more than £15,000.
Second on the council's list is a black Renault Laguna in Crawford Street with 129 tickets. And in Maida Vale, a green Mercedes A-Class has accumulated almost 100 tickets.
You may also want to watch:
In total, 2,055 drivers have been branded "persistent evaders" by the council, which is owed £1.6million in unpaid fines.
Transport spokesman councillor Danny Chalkley said: "These vehicles we are targeting are a hardcore group of evaders who simply refuse to pay despite being sent reminders.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 10 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
"No-one likes getting a parking ticket but most motorists play fair and either pay or appeal. Yet this tiny minority feel the rules do not apply to them.