Pop-up flower shop brightens up Fortune Green
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pop-up food stalls selling gourmet treats may be the latest fad to hit the capital but a Hampstead florist could be starting a whole new trend with her pop-up flower stall.
For one week only, Dutch master florist Brigitte de Wert is selling her one-of-a-kind bouquets and assorted fresh flowers outside her friend’s fashion shop, La Secret Boutique, in Fortune Green Road, Fortune Green.
Ms de Wert ordinarily runs her professional online florist business, Brigitte’s Personal Flower Service, from the garden of her South Hill Park home.
But when she got an invite from her friend to host a pop-up florist she jumped at the chance.
Ms de Wert, who has been living in London for five years, said: “It’s a celebration for Jewish New Year, when people give each other flowers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a good time to be outside as it’s still warm and it’s quite nice to be selling flowers outside.”
Although she has enjoyed meeting customers and selling flowers to hundreds of impulse buyers, Ms de Wert said she prefers to work from her home.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
Her pop-up florist stall will be outside 60 Fortune Green Road until Wednesday.