Pop-up flower shop brightens up Fortune Green
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pop-up food stalls selling gourmet treats may be the latest fad to hit the capital but a Hampstead florist could be starting a whole new trend with her pop-up flower stall.
For one week only, Dutch master florist Brigitte de Wert is selling her one-of-a-kind bouquets and assorted fresh flowers outside her friend’s fashion shop, La Secret Boutique, in Fortune Green Road, Fortune Green.
Ms de Wert ordinarily runs her professional online florist business, Brigitte’s Personal Flower Service, from the garden of her South Hill Park home.
But when she got an invite from her friend to host a pop-up florist she jumped at the chance.
Ms de Wert, who has been living in London for five years, said: “It’s a celebration for Jewish New Year, when people give each other flowers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a good time to be outside as it’s still warm and it’s quite nice to be selling flowers outside.”
Although she has enjoyed meeting customers and selling flowers to hundreds of impulse buyers, Ms de Wert said she prefers to work from her home.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
Her pop-up florist stall will be outside 60 Fortune Green Road until Wednesday.