Pop-up flower shop brightens up Fortune Green
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pop-up food stalls selling gourmet treats may be the latest fad to hit the capital but a Hampstead florist could be starting a whole new trend with her pop-up flower stall.
For one week only, Dutch master florist Brigitte de Wert is selling her one-of-a-kind bouquets and assorted fresh flowers outside her friend’s fashion shop, La Secret Boutique, in Fortune Green Road, Fortune Green.
Ms de Wert ordinarily runs her professional online florist business, Brigitte’s Personal Flower Service, from the garden of her South Hill Park home.
But when she got an invite from her friend to host a pop-up florist she jumped at the chance.
Ms de Wert, who has been living in London for five years, said: “It’s a celebration for Jewish New Year, when people give each other flowers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a good time to be outside as it’s still warm and it’s quite nice to be selling flowers outside.”
Although she has enjoyed meeting customers and selling flowers to hundreds of impulse buyers, Ms de Wert said she prefers to work from her home.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
Her pop-up florist stall will be outside 60 Fortune Green Road until Wednesday.