Pop-up flower shop brightens up Fortune Green
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pop-up food stalls selling gourmet treats may be the latest fad to hit the capital but a Hampstead florist could be starting a whole new trend with her pop-up flower stall.
For one week only, Dutch master florist Brigitte de Wert is selling her one-of-a-kind bouquets and assorted fresh flowers outside her friend’s fashion shop, La Secret Boutique, in Fortune Green Road, Fortune Green.
Ms de Wert ordinarily runs her professional online florist business, Brigitte’s Personal Flower Service, from the garden of her South Hill Park home.
But when she got an invite from her friend to host a pop-up florist she jumped at the chance.
Ms de Wert, who has been living in London for five years, said: “It’s a celebration for Jewish New Year, when people give each other flowers.
“It’s a good time to be outside as it’s still warm and it’s quite nice to be selling flowers outside.”
Although she has enjoyed meeting customers and selling flowers to hundreds of impulse buyers, Ms de Wert said she prefers to work from her home.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 8 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 10 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
Her pop-up florist stall will be outside 60 Fortune Green Road until Wednesday.