Policing performance has been outstanding
AS the group tasked with scrutinising the police and challenging their performance, I would like to express our congratulations to Camden Police for an outstanding achievement in reducing crime over the past year. In what may well be a first for any Lond
AS the group tasked with scrutinising the police and challenging their performance, I would like to express our congratulations to Camden Police for an outstanding achievement in reducing crime over the past year.
In what may well be a first for any London borough, borough commander Dominic Clout and his team have exceeded every one of their targets in reducing crime.
Knife crime, robbery and burglary all fell by an impressive 33 per cent, 25 per cent and 22 per cent respectively, some of the best results in the capital.
Improvements in detection rates were equally impressive and it was reassuring to see that in Camden we have a detection rate of 55 per cent in reported rapes. The detection rate in residential burglaries has also improved significantly from 14.8 per cent to 25 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
And all of this has been achieved without any increases in resources.
At a time when the Met is under fire from all directions, I think the residents of Camden can be very proud of what its policing team, in partnership with the community and the council, has been able to accomplish.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
However, the economic turndown will present new challenges and I hope we will continue to work together to make Camden a safer place to live, work and visit.
Chair, Camden Community and Police