Appeal for witnesses after East Finchley crash which left 90-year-old woman seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 90-year-old woman was left seriously injured when she was hit by a van in East Finchley on Friday.
Officers were called at 12.15pm on Friday to the collision in East Finchley High Road.
The pensioner was taken to hospital. Her injuries are serious but not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of the van, a 51-year-old man stopped at the scene. Later in the evening he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs and taken to a north London police station.
He has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the crash should call officers at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Alperton, on 0208 246 9820.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury