Met Police pay tribute to Muswell Hill cop Keith Blakelock on 35th anniversary of Broadwater Farm murder
- Credit: Archant
Police paid tribute to Muswell Hill cop Keith Blakelock on Tuesday on the 35th anniversary of his murder.
PC Blakelock, a 40-year-old father of three, was killed on duty during the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham in 1985. His murder remains unsolved.
Police officers from the Met paid their respects to the home beat officer for Muswell Hill with a minute’s silence at his grave on October 6.
Haringey Police tweeted on Tuesday: “Today we remember and honour our fallen colleague Keith Blakelock who was killed on duty 35 years ago.
“Keith was a home beat officer @MPSMuswellHill. Officers observed a minute’s silence while a wreath was laid at Keith’s grave in a private ceremony. Always in our hearts.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on PC Blakelock’s murder can contact the Met on 0207 230 4294 or 101.
Alternatively, anonymously contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council