Met Police pay tribute to Muswell Hill cop Keith Blakelock on 35th anniversary of Broadwater Farm murder
- Credit: Archant
Police paid tribute to Muswell Hill cop Keith Blakelock on Tuesday on the 35th anniversary of his murder.
PC Blakelock, a 40-year-old father of three, was killed on duty during the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham in 1985. His murder remains unsolved.
Police officers from the Met paid their respects to the home beat officer for Muswell Hill with a minute’s silence at his grave on October 6.
Haringey Police tweeted on Tuesday: “Today we remember and honour our fallen colleague Keith Blakelock who was killed on duty 35 years ago.
“Keith was a home beat officer @MPSMuswellHill. Officers observed a minute’s silence while a wreath was laid at Keith’s grave in a private ceremony. Always in our hearts.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on PC Blakelock’s murder can contact the Met on 0207 230 4294 or 101.
Alternatively, anonymously contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'