Met Police pay tribute to Muswell Hill cop Keith Blakelock on 35th anniversary of Broadwater Farm murder
- Credit: Archant
Police paid tribute to Muswell Hill cop Keith Blakelock on Tuesday on the 35th anniversary of his murder.
PC Blakelock, a 40-year-old father of three, was killed on duty during the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham in 1985. His murder remains unsolved.
Police officers from the Met paid their respects to the home beat officer for Muswell Hill with a minute’s silence at his grave on October 6.
Haringey Police tweeted on Tuesday: “Today we remember and honour our fallen colleague Keith Blakelock who was killed on duty 35 years ago.
“Keith was a home beat officer @MPSMuswellHill. Officers observed a minute’s silence while a wreath was laid at Keith’s grave in a private ceremony. Always in our hearts.”
Anyone with information on PC Blakelock’s murder can contact the Met on 0207 230 4294 or 101.
Alternatively, anonymously contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 4 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 5 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 6 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 10 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead