Steeds Road: Muswell Hill woman dies in hospital after suffering serious head and neck injuries.
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died in hospital after suffering serious head and neck injuries at her home in Muswell Hill last week.
The woman in her 60s died on Friday. Police and ambulances were called to Steeds Road at 11.45pm on Tuesday August 27 to reports of a woman with serious injuries.
She was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital where she was in a critical condition until Friday.
Her family has been told and are being supported by members of the Metropolitan Police's north area safeguarding team, which is leading enquiries.
A post-mortem examination will take place later this week. Scotland Yard told the Ham&High that her death is being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
As forensic officers worked at the house on Thursday, one eyewitness told this newspaper: "I woke up because of the flashing lights. The front door was wide open. She was on the stairs and they started working on her. Then they eventually took her outside and carried on working on her for a good 20 minutes. It is quite shocking."
A 73-year-old was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder on Tuesday. He has been released on bail to a date in late September.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
Do you know the woman who was injured? Contact the Ham&High by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org