Police think ‘drive-by shooting’ killed man in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a “drive-by shooting murder” in Kentish Town on Sunday night.
A 24-year-old man died at the scene after he was shot at the junction of Malden Road and Prince of Wales Road, near the Fiddlers Elbow Pub shortly before midnight. There have been no arrests.
Det Ch Insp Simon Stancomb said: "Everything we have found out so far points to this being a drive-by shooting. We know that just before midnight a moped with a rider and pillion passenger drove north on Malden Road before waiting in Marsden Street for a short period of time. The moped then drove back down Malden Road before turning into Prince of Wales Road by the Fiddlers Elbow Pub. The suspects then produced a firearm and shot the victim at close range. Forensic analysis and review of CCTV footage continues apace but we need witnesses to come forward.
"Were you there? Did you hear or see anything suspicious? Did you see a moped matching the description making off? Did you see the moped and riders waiting in Marsden Street? My team are ready to take your call.
"We are particularly keen to hear from the occupants of a Toyota Prius, a Ford Focus and motorbike seen in the area at the time. Passing motorists with dash-cam footage that captured parts of what took place are also being sought. Please do come forward with any information you have. It could prove vital to identifying those involved and bringing them to justice."
You may also want to watch:
The victim's next of kin have been informed. A post-mortem is due to take place today. Police are investigating.
The shooting happened on the same night a woman in her 20s, named locally as "Shakira", was fatally stabbed less than a mile away in Belmont Street, Chalk Farm.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown