Police release efit of Belsize Park gun mugger
This is the man police believe is behind four frightening armed muggings on women in Belsize Park and Hampstead. Police have released the efit as they continue to hunt for the man who carried out the four attacks in the space of five days last month. The
This is the man police believe is behind four frightening armed muggings on women in Belsize Park and Hampstead.
Police have released the efit as they continue to hunt for the man who carried out the four attacks in the space of five days last month.
The man, believed to be in his 20s or 30s, used the same terrifying modus operandi in each mugging. He tracked his victims, waited until they were entering residential blocks and then put a gun to their head and demanded money and belongings. None of them were hurt but all were left traumatised.
He struck first on Adelaide Road on Sunday March 14. The following night he targeted women on Lisburne Road and then Chalcot Gardens before the fourth attack on Thursday March 18 at Tudor Close. Police say there have been no more robberies linked to this man since his last attack.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Michael Johnston, of Camden's Robbery Squad, said: "We are investigating a series of robberies and have released an efit of a man we wish to trace. He is black man aged in his late twenties or early thirties and had a goatee beard. Anyone with information is advised to contact us on the number provided."
Police have also released CCTV images captured before one of the attacks. A massive police operation, including support from armed officers was launched in the days after the muggings.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
The man is described as black, in his twenties or thirties, about 5ft 7ins to 6ft 3ins, of medium build, and was wearing casual clothing.
Anyone who recognises the man or has any information about the robberies should contact Detective Constable Michael Johnston, on 020 8733 6116.