Police release efit of Belsize Park gun mugger
This is the man police believe is behind four frightening armed muggings on women in Belsize Park and Hampstead. Police have released the efit as they continue to hunt for the man who carried out the four attacks in the space of five days last month. The
This is the man police believe is behind four frightening armed muggings on women in Belsize Park and Hampstead.
Police have released the efit as they continue to hunt for the man who carried out the four attacks in the space of five days last month.
The man, believed to be in his 20s or 30s, used the same terrifying modus operandi in each mugging. He tracked his victims, waited until they were entering residential blocks and then put a gun to their head and demanded money and belongings. None of them were hurt but all were left traumatised.
He struck first on Adelaide Road on Sunday March 14. The following night he targeted women on Lisburne Road and then Chalcot Gardens before the fourth attack on Thursday March 18 at Tudor Close. Police say there have been no more robberies linked to this man since his last attack.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Michael Johnston, of Camden's Robbery Squad, said: "We are investigating a series of robberies and have released an efit of a man we wish to trace. He is black man aged in his late twenties or early thirties and had a goatee beard. Anyone with information is advised to contact us on the number provided."
Police have also released CCTV images captured before one of the attacks. A massive police operation, including support from armed officers was launched in the days after the muggings.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
The man is described as black, in his twenties or thirties, about 5ft 7ins to 6ft 3ins, of medium build, and was wearing casual clothing.
Anyone who recognises the man or has any information about the robberies should contact Detective Constable Michael Johnston, on 020 8733 6116.