Police release CCTV image of man wanted over bus driver headbutt attack in Highgate
A man who headbutted a bus driver in Highgate is being hunted by police.
Officers have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault on board a route 390 bus in Highgate Hill.
The bus was stationary and out of service in order for the drivers to change over at around 10am on Saturday, November 24.
But the suspect remained on the bus and refused to get off when asked to do so by the new driver.
The driver then asked his colleague to call the police, at which point he was headbutted by the man, who then fled.
His nose was injured and he was treated at Homerton Hospital in Hackney for bruising and swelling.
Officers from Transport for London and the Metropolitan Police are now asking for the public’s help to identify the man in the CCTV image, which was released this week.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 3 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 4 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 10 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
He is described as a tall white man with light brown wavy hair.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Annie Garrard on 020 3054 5477 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.