Police release CCTV image of man wanted over bus driver headbutt attack in Highgate
A man who headbutted a bus driver in Highgate is being hunted by police.
Officers have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault on board a route 390 bus in Highgate Hill.
The bus was stationary and out of service in order for the drivers to change over at around 10am on Saturday, November 24.
But the suspect remained on the bus and refused to get off when asked to do so by the new driver.
The driver then asked his colleague to call the police, at which point he was headbutted by the man, who then fled.
You may also want to watch:
His nose was injured and he was treated at Homerton Hospital in Hackney for bruising and swelling.
Officers from Transport for London and the Metropolitan Police are now asking for the public’s help to identify the man in the CCTV image, which was released this week.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
He is described as a tall white man with light brown wavy hair.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Annie Garrard on 020 3054 5477 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.