Police release CCTV image of man wanted over bus driver headbutt attack in Highgate
A man who headbutted a bus driver in Highgate is being hunted by police.
Officers have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the assault on board a route 390 bus in Highgate Hill.
The bus was stationary and out of service in order for the drivers to change over at around 10am on Saturday, November 24.
But the suspect remained on the bus and refused to get off when asked to do so by the new driver.
The driver then asked his colleague to call the police, at which point he was headbutted by the man, who then fled.
You may also want to watch:
His nose was injured and he was treated at Homerton Hospital in Hackney for bruising and swelling.
Officers from Transport for London and the Metropolitan Police are now asking for the public’s help to identify the man in the CCTV image, which was released this week.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 8 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 9 Birthday Honours: David Myers rewarded for decades of advocacy at the Royal Free
- 10 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat
He is described as a tall white man with light brown wavy hair.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Annie Garrard on 020 3054 5477 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.