Police recover woman’s body from Regent’s Canal
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman was found in the Regent’s Canal this morning.
Police were called after a body was seen in the water near to Royal College Street, Camden Town, at about 8.20am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers attended and removed the body from the water. London Ambulance Service also attended and pronounced death at the scene.
“The body is believed to be that of a female – no further details available at this time.
“Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the incident.”
Haul Karim, 34, a salesman at All Seasons Carpets in Royal College Street, said he never expected anything like this to happen on the street.
“It was shocking,” he said. “I came at around 9.30 this morning and when I drove past, I saw all the police there. When I came into the shop, I heard from two guys passing by that they had found a body.”
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
Friyos Constantinou, 82, who owns film production company Poseidon in Royal College Street, said: “There were dozens of them [police]. There were five cars behind and six cars here and about a dozen officers.
“I saw a helicopter going around and a policeman told me they found a body floating in the canal.”