Police recover woman’s body from Regent’s Canal
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman was found in the Regent’s Canal this morning.
Police were called after a body was seen in the water near to Royal College Street, Camden Town, at about 8.20am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers attended and removed the body from the water. London Ambulance Service also attended and pronounced death at the scene.
“The body is believed to be that of a female – no further details available at this time.
“Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Haul Karim, 34, a salesman at All Seasons Carpets in Royal College Street, said he never expected anything like this to happen on the street.
“It was shocking,” he said. “I came at around 9.30 this morning and when I drove past, I saw all the police there. When I came into the shop, I heard from two guys passing by that they had found a body.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Friyos Constantinou, 82, who owns film production company Poseidon in Royal College Street, said: “There were dozens of them [police]. There were five cars behind and six cars here and about a dozen officers.
“I saw a helicopter going around and a policeman told me they found a body floating in the canal.”