Police recover woman’s body from Regent’s Canal
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman was found in the Regent’s Canal this morning.
Police were called after a body was seen in the water near to Royal College Street, Camden Town, at about 8.20am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers attended and removed the body from the water. London Ambulance Service also attended and pronounced death at the scene.
“The body is believed to be that of a female – no further details available at this time.
“Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the incident.”
Haul Karim, 34, a salesman at All Seasons Carpets in Royal College Street, said he never expected anything like this to happen on the street.
“It was shocking,” he said. “I came at around 9.30 this morning and when I drove past, I saw all the police there. When I came into the shop, I heard from two guys passing by that they had found a body.”
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
Friyos Constantinou, 82, who owns film production company Poseidon in Royal College Street, said: “There were dozens of them [police]. There were five cars behind and six cars here and about a dozen officers.
“I saw a helicopter going around and a policeman told me they found a body floating in the canal.”