Police recover woman’s body from Regent’s Canal
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman was found in the Regent’s Canal this morning.
Police were called after a body was seen in the water near to Royal College Street, Camden Town, at about 8.20am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers attended and removed the body from the water. London Ambulance Service also attended and pronounced death at the scene.
“The body is believed to be that of a female – no further details available at this time.
“Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Haul Karim, 34, a salesman at All Seasons Carpets in Royal College Street, said he never expected anything like this to happen on the street.
“It was shocking,” he said. “I came at around 9.30 this morning and when I drove past, I saw all the police there. When I came into the shop, I heard from two guys passing by that they had found a body.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Friyos Constantinou, 82, who owns film production company Poseidon in Royal College Street, said: “There were dozens of them [police]. There were five cars behind and six cars here and about a dozen officers.
“I saw a helicopter going around and a policeman told me they found a body floating in the canal.”