Police recover woman’s body from Regent’s Canal
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman was found in the Regent’s Canal this morning.
Police were called after a body was seen in the water near to Royal College Street, Camden Town, at about 8.20am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers attended and removed the body from the water. London Ambulance Service also attended and pronounced death at the scene.
“The body is believed to be that of a female – no further details available at this time.
“Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Haul Karim, 34, a salesman at All Seasons Carpets in Royal College Street, said he never expected anything like this to happen on the street.
“It was shocking,” he said. “I came at around 9.30 this morning and when I drove past, I saw all the police there. When I came into the shop, I heard from two guys passing by that they had found a body.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
Friyos Constantinou, 82, who owns film production company Poseidon in Royal College Street, said: “There were dozens of them [police]. There were five cars behind and six cars here and about a dozen officers.
“I saw a helicopter going around and a policeman told me they found a body floating in the canal.”