Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- Credit: David Nathan
A police officer was hospitalised on Thursday after a hit-and-run in Dartmouth Park Hill.
The driver of the passing vehicle did not stop and the victim suffered injuries to his lower body, shortly before 3pm.
The victim was standing outside a stationary police car when he was struck. The vehicle was damaged but the officer’s injuries were not life-threatening.
The incident happened between Churchill Road and Spencer Rise, north of Tufnell Park Underground.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police and London Ambulance Service attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard has opened an investigation into the hit-and-run, and is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has dash-cam/moving footage should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting 4030/15APR.
Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets