Police investigate historic abuse at Haringey children’s club
Police are appealing for information about historic child abuse at a Haringey children’s club.
Detectives investigating an allegation of rape at the after-school and weekend club in the 1990s are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
They are investigating a report from a man that he was raped by an adult, at the Haringey Adventure and Recreation Team (HART), when he was a child.
HART was an after-school and weekend club for children. It no longer exists.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Vicky Jackson, said: “Very little is known about the club as it seems to have been an informal set up.
“I’m asking anyone who may have witnessed, or been aware of abuse at the club to come forward. Or if you were a victim of abuse at the club, then please tell us.”
Anyone wishing to report information to police regarding these matters should contact the Haringey Child Abuse Investigation Team on 020 8721 6871 or call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 4 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 5 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 6 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 7 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day: Hampstead pupils in Stoppard drama
- 10 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
Alternatively, the NSPCC can be contacted on 0808 800 5000 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
On 27 May 2014, officers arrested a 69-year-old man from Essex on suspicion of rape. He has been bailed to return to a north London police station later this month.