Police investigate historic abuse at Haringey children’s club
Police are appealing for information about historic child abuse at a Haringey children’s club.
Detectives investigating an allegation of rape at the after-school and weekend club in the 1990s are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
They are investigating a report from a man that he was raped by an adult, at the Haringey Adventure and Recreation Team (HART), when he was a child.
HART was an after-school and weekend club for children. It no longer exists.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Vicky Jackson, said: “Very little is known about the club as it seems to have been an informal set up.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m asking anyone who may have witnessed, or been aware of abuse at the club to come forward. Or if you were a victim of abuse at the club, then please tell us.”
Anyone wishing to report information to police regarding these matters should contact the Haringey Child Abuse Investigation Team on 020 8721 6871 or call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
Alternatively, the NSPCC can be contacted on 0808 800 5000 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
On 27 May 2014, officers arrested a 69-year-old man from Essex on suspicion of rape. He has been bailed to return to a north London police station later this month.