Police investigate attack on Rabbi in Golders Green
A Rabbi was reportedly left needing stitches after being assaulted in a possible racist attack in Golders Green on Sunday. The 40-year-old Jewish man was alleged assaulted at around 1.15am after he and a female companion had been pelted by objects thrown
A Rabbi was reportedly left needing stitches after being assaulted in a possible racist attack in Golders Green on Sunday.
The 40-year-old Jewish man was alleged assaulted at around 1.15am after he and a female companion had been pelted by objects thrown from a passing car.
A confrontation followed in which the Rabbi was left with a cut to the ear although exactly how he sustained the injury is not clear.
Reports that he was hit with a bottle and then punched have not been confirmed by the police or the Jewish organisation Community Security Trust (CST).
You may also want to watch:
All the suspects are described as white and in their early twenties. They ran from the area on foot.
Police are investigating and are appealing for any witnesses to the crime to come forward. All information would be treated in confidence.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
If anyone witnessed the assault or has any information which would be useful they can contact the CID at Colindale police on Tel 020 8733 4595 and speak to D S Brooks the officer in the case.