Police investigate attack on Rabbi in Golders Green
A Rabbi was reportedly left needing stitches after being assaulted in a possible racist attack in Golders Green on Sunday. The 40-year-old Jewish man was alleged assaulted at around 1.15am after he and a female companion had been pelted by objects thrown
A Rabbi was reportedly left needing stitches after being assaulted in a possible racist attack in Golders Green on Sunday.
The 40-year-old Jewish man was alleged assaulted at around 1.15am after he and a female companion had been pelted by objects thrown from a passing car.
A confrontation followed in which the Rabbi was left with a cut to the ear although exactly how he sustained the injury is not clear.
Reports that he was hit with a bottle and then punched have not been confirmed by the police or the Jewish organisation Community Security Trust (CST).
You may also want to watch:
All the suspects are described as white and in their early twenties. They ran from the area on foot.
Police are investigating and are appealing for any witnesses to the crime to come forward. All information would be treated in confidence.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
If anyone witnessed the assault or has any information which would be useful they can contact the CID at Colindale police on Tel 020 8733 4595 and speak to D S Brooks the officer in the case.