Police investigate attack on Rabbi in Golders Green
A Rabbi was reportedly left needing stitches after being assaulted in a possible racist attack in Golders Green on Sunday. The 40-year-old Jewish man was alleged assaulted at around 1.15am after he and a female companion had been pelted by objects thrown
A Rabbi was reportedly left needing stitches after being assaulted in a possible racist attack in Golders Green on Sunday.
The 40-year-old Jewish man was alleged assaulted at around 1.15am after he and a female companion had been pelted by objects thrown from a passing car.
A confrontation followed in which the Rabbi was left with a cut to the ear although exactly how he sustained the injury is not clear.
Reports that he was hit with a bottle and then punched have not been confirmed by the police or the Jewish organisation Community Security Trust (CST).
You may also want to watch:
All the suspects are described as white and in their early twenties. They ran from the area on foot.
Police are investigating and are appealing for any witnesses to the crime to come forward. All information would be treated in confidence.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
If anyone witnessed the assault or has any information which would be useful they can contact the CID at Colindale police on Tel 020 8733 4595 and speak to D S Brooks the officer in the case.