Police hunt Belsize Park burglar
This is the man police want to speak to in connection with a callous crime against a pensioner in Belsize Park. The suspect tried to con his way into the flat of a 77-year-old woman on Glenmore Road. The victim a retired artist, who is hard of hearing an
This is the man police want to speak to in connection with a callous crime against a pensioner in Belsize Park.
The suspect tried to con his way into the flat of a 77-year-old woman on Glenmore Road. The victim a retired artist, who is hard of hearing and suffers from mobility problems, was targeted her as she returned home.
He rang the door bell and asked for a jug of water from his car. The victim refused to allow him to enter but when she returned to the front door with the water he barged past her, began searching through her flat and stole some personal property.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 50 and 55-years old and about 5ft10ins.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Annette Corry, from Camden's Burglary Squad, said: "We appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time, or anyone who recognises the artist's impression of the suspect to contact us. We will treat all information received in confidence."
Anyone with information can call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101