Police hunt Belsize Park burglar
This is the man police want to speak to in connection with a callous crime against a pensioner in Belsize Park. The suspect tried to con his way into the flat of a 77-year-old woman on Glenmore Road. The victim a retired artist, who is hard of hearing an
This is the man police want to speak to in connection with a callous crime against a pensioner in Belsize Park.
The suspect tried to con his way into the flat of a 77-year-old woman on Glenmore Road. The victim a retired artist, who is hard of hearing and suffers from mobility problems, was targeted her as she returned home.
He rang the door bell and asked for a jug of water from his car. The victim refused to allow him to enter but when she returned to the front door with the water he barged past her, began searching through her flat and stole some personal property.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 50 and 55-years old and about 5ft10ins.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Annette Corry, from Camden's Burglary Squad, said: "We appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time, or anyone who recognises the artist's impression of the suspect to contact us. We will treat all information received in confidence."
Anyone with information can call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17