Police hunt Belsize Park burglar
This is the man police want to speak to in connection with a callous crime against a pensioner in Belsize Park. The suspect tried to con his way into the flat of a 77-year-old woman on Glenmore Road. The victim a retired artist, who is hard of hearing an
This is the man police want to speak to in connection with a callous crime against a pensioner in Belsize Park.
The suspect tried to con his way into the flat of a 77-year-old woman on Glenmore Road. The victim a retired artist, who is hard of hearing and suffers from mobility problems, was targeted her as she returned home.
He rang the door bell and asked for a jug of water from his car. The victim refused to allow him to enter but when she returned to the front door with the water he barged past her, began searching through her flat and stole some personal property.
The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 50 and 55-years old and about 5ft10ins.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Annette Corry, from Camden's Burglary Squad, said: "We appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time, or anyone who recognises the artist's impression of the suspect to contact us. We will treat all information received in confidence."
Anyone with information can call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions