Police constable and partner plunge to death in Camden after police respond to reports of men arguing
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An off-duty police constable and his partner, who worked at Kentish Town Studios, have died after falling into the basement of a building near Euston station.
Police were called to reports of two men seen arguing in Hampstead Road just before 2.30pm on Saturday, October 19.
Officers arrived to find British Transport Police officer Gavin Brewer, 32, of Waltham Forest, and boyfriend Stuart Meads, 34, who lived in Hackney and worked at Kentish Town Studios, had fallen into the basement area of a building.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene and next of kin have been informed.
The deaths are being treated as unexplained and police have launched an investigation, assisted by the Health and Safety Executive.
Enquiries continue to establish how the men came to fall.
At this stage it is not believed anyone else was involved in the incident.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 9 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 10 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
Inquests are expected to open at St Pancras Coroner’s Court in coming days.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “BTP can confirm that serving officer PC Gavin Brewer died whilst off-duty early on Saturday, October 19 morning in Hampstead Road.
“PC Brewer was based at Finsbury Park station and had been with the force for nine years.
“BTP officers and staff are continuing to support his family and friends through this very difficult time.”