Police close investigation into ‘suspicious’ Belsize Park shop fire
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed an investigation into a fire that wrecked a Belsize Park shop.
Officers were probing a blaze that gutted Good For You, a shop selling toys and household goods in Haverstock Hill, in the early hours of Sunday June 15.
The flames broke out at about 2am and caused extensive damage to the single-storey building next to Belsize Park Tube station.
It was nearly two hours before firefighters managed to bring them under control.
Police and London Fire Brigade investigators believed the fire was suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Met’s investigation has now been closed due to a lack of evidence.
A police spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was deemed suspicious.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
“However, there was no CCTV, no forensic opportunities and no known suspects.
“Due to these factors, the investigation has been closed unless new or further evidence comes to light.”