Police close investigation into ‘suspicious’ Belsize Park shop fire
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed an investigation into a fire that wrecked a Belsize Park shop.
Officers were probing a blaze that gutted Good For You, a shop selling toys and household goods in Haverstock Hill, in the early hours of Sunday June 15.
The flames broke out at about 2am and caused extensive damage to the single-storey building next to Belsize Park Tube station.
It was nearly two hours before firefighters managed to bring them under control.
Police and London Fire Brigade investigators believed the fire was suspicious.
However, the Met’s investigation has now been closed due to a lack of evidence.
A police spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was deemed suspicious.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
- 3 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 4 Rival bosses bemoan ref justice as Tottenham snatch dramatic draw at Chelsea
- 5 'Conte, Richarlison and a hard-fought Spurs point at Chelsea'
- 6 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 7 'An air fryer is this season's must-have for low-fat recipes'
- 8 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 9 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 10 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
“However, there was no CCTV, no forensic opportunities and no known suspects.
“Due to these factors, the investigation has been closed unless new or further evidence comes to light.”