Police close investigation into ‘suspicious’ Belsize Park shop fire
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed an investigation into a fire that wrecked a Belsize Park shop.
Officers were probing a blaze that gutted Good For You, a shop selling toys and household goods in Haverstock Hill, in the early hours of Sunday June 15.
The flames broke out at about 2am and caused extensive damage to the single-storey building next to Belsize Park Tube station.
It was nearly two hours before firefighters managed to bring them under control.
Police and London Fire Brigade investigators believed the fire was suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Met’s investigation has now been closed due to a lack of evidence.
A police spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was deemed suspicious.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
“However, there was no CCTV, no forensic opportunities and no known suspects.
“Due to these factors, the investigation has been closed unless new or further evidence comes to light.”