Police close investigation into ‘suspicious’ Belsize Park shop fire
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed an investigation into a fire that wrecked a Belsize Park shop.
Officers were probing a blaze that gutted Good For You, a shop selling toys and household goods in Haverstock Hill, in the early hours of Sunday June 15.
The flames broke out at about 2am and caused extensive damage to the single-storey building next to Belsize Park Tube station.
It was nearly two hours before firefighters managed to bring them under control.
Police and London Fire Brigade investigators believed the fire was suspicious.
However, the Met’s investigation has now been closed due to a lack of evidence.
A police spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was deemed suspicious.
- 1 Camden recycling ‘indiscriminately’ contaminated as lorry issues persist
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 4 Artist with autism gets purr of approval from Grayson Perry
- 5 'First public sculpture' of Mother of Methodism carved in East Finchley
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 Full fibre broadband rollout coming to Crouch End and Barking
- 8 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 9 Ramsey Court: Residents send letter to Gove in attempt to stop development
- 10 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
“However, there was no CCTV, no forensic opportunities and no known suspects.
“Due to these factors, the investigation has been closed unless new or further evidence comes to light.”