Police called to ‘grenade’ outside Golders Green synagogue
- Credit: Archant
Police rushed to a bomb scene outside a Golders Green synagogue after reports of grenades - which turned out to be a cigarette lighter.
Barnet bomb police were called to the synagogue on Bridge Lane, near the junction with Hillcrest Avenue in Barnet, at 4pm yesterday,
After the bomb squad arrived, it was confirmed that the grenade was, in fact, a novelty lighter made to look like a hand grenade.
A police spokesman said: “Residents of nearby buildings were temporarily evacuated as a precaution.
“The object was discovered to be a novelty cigarette lighter.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Total Policing is the Met’s commitment to be on the streets and in your communities to catch offenders, prevent crime and support victims.
“We are here for London, working with you to make our capital safer.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing