Police called to ‘grenade’ outside Golders Green synagogue
- Credit: Archant
Police rushed to a bomb scene outside a Golders Green synagogue after reports of grenades - which turned out to be a cigarette lighter.
Barnet bomb police were called to the synagogue on Bridge Lane, near the junction with Hillcrest Avenue in Barnet, at 4pm yesterday,
After the bomb squad arrived, it was confirmed that the grenade was, in fact, a novelty lighter made to look like a hand grenade.
A police spokesman said: “Residents of nearby buildings were temporarily evacuated as a precaution.
“The object was discovered to be a novelty cigarette lighter.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Total Policing is the Met’s commitment to be on the streets and in your communities to catch offenders, prevent crime and support victims.
“We are here for London, working with you to make our capital safer.”
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 3 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 4 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 5 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 6 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 9 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 10 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row