Police called to ‘grenade’ outside Golders Green synagogue
- Credit: Archant
Police rushed to a bomb scene outside a Golders Green synagogue after reports of grenades - which turned out to be a cigarette lighter.
Barnet bomb police were called to the synagogue on Bridge Lane, near the junction with Hillcrest Avenue in Barnet, at 4pm yesterday,
After the bomb squad arrived, it was confirmed that the grenade was, in fact, a novelty lighter made to look like a hand grenade.
A police spokesman said: “Residents of nearby buildings were temporarily evacuated as a precaution.
“The object was discovered to be a novelty cigarette lighter.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Total Policing is the Met’s commitment to be on the streets and in your communities to catch offenders, prevent crime and support victims.
“We are here for London, working with you to make our capital safer.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill