Man wanted in connection with Kentish Town crash that left pensioner critically injured
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police are looking to speak to a man in connection with an fail-to-stop crash in Kentish Town last month.
They believe 32-year-old Alastair McWilliams is being hidden from police by friends or relatives.
He is suspected of being one of the people in a stolen Nissan Primera that hit a 77-year-old man in Leighton Road on Thursday August 23.
The victim is still critical in hospital with a severe head injury after the crash. The people in the car made off on foot after the incident.
McWilliams is wanted for causing serious injury by dangerous driving, aggravated taking and driving away a car, and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
You may also want to watch:
He is also wanted for burglary and on a recall to prison.
Three girls, aged 17, 16 and 14 who were in the car were arrested and later released under investigation.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
Det Sgt Cheryl Frost, of the Met’s roads and transport policing command, said: “We want to hear from anyone who might have dash-cam footage of the build up to this collision, as well as anyone who knows the location of Alistair McWilliams.
“We believe McWilliams is still in the local area with a friend or relative harbouring him from police.
“If you know where he is currently or if you have seen him in the past few days please call police immediately.”