Police appeal for witnesses after man was assaulted before being hit by a bus in Camden Town
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted before he was in collision with a bus outside Camden Town tube station on Thursday evening.
Officers were called by London Ambulance Service shortly 8.30pm on Thursday September 8 after the man was hit by the number 31 bus just outside the station, bringing traffic to a standstill.
The man, aged 30, was taken to hospital with injuries described as non-life threatening.
Police said that early enquiries indicated the man had been assaulted before he was in collision with the bus.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and assisted police. There were no reports of any passengers on the bus being injured.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone who was in or around the Camden Town tube station, who may have seen or heard the incident in which the victim was assaulted, to contact them.
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call the CID in Camden via 101. To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond