Police and fire officers rescue woman in her 20s from Archway Bridge
- Credit: PA WIRE
A woman in her 20s has been rescued from the Archway Bridge this morning and taken to hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 05:56hrs to Archway Bridge, Hornsey Lane N6 to reports of a woman in her 20s threatening to jump.
“Officers attended along with the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service.
“The Met’s Marine Policing Unit line access team also attended to assist.
“Local road closures were put in place.
“The woman was led to safety at 09:09hrs and taken to an east London hospital.
“Roads reopened shortly afterwards.”
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
Archway Road was closed this morning and bus routes 43, 134, 263, and the W5 were subject to diversion and delays due to the incident.
A LFB spokeswoman confirmed officers were called at 6.08am this morning to assist the police and left by 9.09am.