Police and fire officers rescue woman in her 20s from Archway Bridge
- Credit: PA WIRE
A woman in her 20s has been rescued from the Archway Bridge this morning and taken to hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 05:56hrs to Archway Bridge, Hornsey Lane N6 to reports of a woman in her 20s threatening to jump.
“Officers attended along with the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service.
“The Met’s Marine Policing Unit line access team also attended to assist.
“Local road closures were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman was led to safety at 09:09hrs and taken to an east London hospital.
“Roads reopened shortly afterwards.”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Archway Road was closed this morning and bus routes 43, 134, 263, and the W5 were subject to diversion and delays due to the incident.
A LFB spokeswoman confirmed officers were called at 6.08am this morning to assist the police and left by 9.09am.