Police and fire officers rescue woman in her 20s from Archway Bridge
- Credit: PA WIRE
A woman in her 20s has been rescued from the Archway Bridge this morning and taken to hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 05:56hrs to Archway Bridge, Hornsey Lane N6 to reports of a woman in her 20s threatening to jump.
“Officers attended along with the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service.
“The Met’s Marine Policing Unit line access team also attended to assist.
“Local road closures were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman was led to safety at 09:09hrs and taken to an east London hospital.
“Roads reopened shortly afterwards.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
Archway Road was closed this morning and bus routes 43, 134, 263, and the W5 were subject to diversion and delays due to the incident.
A LFB spokeswoman confirmed officers were called at 6.08am this morning to assist the police and left by 9.09am.