Police and fire officers rescue woman in her 20s from Archway Bridge
- Credit: PA WIRE
A woman in her 20s has been rescued from the Archway Bridge this morning and taken to hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 05:56hrs to Archway Bridge, Hornsey Lane N6 to reports of a woman in her 20s threatening to jump.
“Officers attended along with the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service.
“The Met’s Marine Policing Unit line access team also attended to assist.
“Local road closures were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman was led to safety at 09:09hrs and taken to an east London hospital.
“Roads reopened shortly afterwards.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
Archway Road was closed this morning and bus routes 43, 134, 263, and the W5 were subject to diversion and delays due to the incident.
A LFB spokeswoman confirmed officers were called at 6.08am this morning to assist the police and left by 9.09am.