Police and fire officers rescue woman in her 20s from Archway Bridge
- Credit: PA WIRE
A woman in her 20s has been rescued from the Archway Bridge this morning and taken to hospital.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 05:56hrs to Archway Bridge, Hornsey Lane N6 to reports of a woman in her 20s threatening to jump.
“Officers attended along with the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service.
“The Met’s Marine Policing Unit line access team also attended to assist.
“Local road closures were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman was led to safety at 09:09hrs and taken to an east London hospital.
“Roads reopened shortly afterwards.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
Archway Road was closed this morning and bus routes 43, 134, 263, and the W5 were subject to diversion and delays due to the incident.
A LFB spokeswoman confirmed officers were called at 6.08am this morning to assist the police and left by 9.09am.