Police advise motorists to avoid Finchley Road after accidents cause gridlock
- Credit: Archant
Police have advised motorists to avoid Finchley Road after a number of incidents have caused traffic jams and gridlock.
The northbound section of the road is currently closed after an elderly woman - thought to be in her 70s - was hit by a 12 tonne truck at about 12:35pm.
The incident happened at the junction with Fairfax Road.
The junction outside Swiss Cottage tube station is also experiencing heavy traffic after another elderly woman collapsed in College Crescent (running parallel to Finchley Road).
She is currently being treated by paramedics at the side of the road and is believed to have hurt her hip.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Given the road closures and extra busy traffic in the area this afternoon, we’d advise drivers to avoid the area unless absolutely necessary.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband