Police advise motorists to avoid Finchley Road after accidents cause gridlock
- Credit: Archant
Police have advised motorists to avoid Finchley Road after a number of incidents have caused traffic jams and gridlock.
The northbound section of the road is currently closed after an elderly woman - thought to be in her 70s - was hit by a 12 tonne truck at about 12:35pm.
The incident happened at the junction with Fairfax Road.
The junction outside Swiss Cottage tube station is also experiencing heavy traffic after another elderly woman collapsed in College Crescent (running parallel to Finchley Road).
She is currently being treated by paramedics at the side of the road and is believed to have hurt her hip.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Given the road closures and extra busy traffic in the area this afternoon, we’d advise drivers to avoid the area unless absolutely necessary.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres