Police advise motorists to avoid Finchley Road after accidents cause gridlock
- Credit: Archant
Police have advised motorists to avoid Finchley Road after a number of incidents have caused traffic jams and gridlock.
The northbound section of the road is currently closed after an elderly woman - thought to be in her 70s - was hit by a 12 tonne truck at about 12:35pm.
The incident happened at the junction with Fairfax Road.
The junction outside Swiss Cottage tube station is also experiencing heavy traffic after another elderly woman collapsed in College Crescent (running parallel to Finchley Road).
She is currently being treated by paramedics at the side of the road and is believed to have hurt her hip.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Given the road closures and extra busy traffic in the area this afternoon, we’d advise drivers to avoid the area unless absolutely necessary.”
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach