Police advise motorists to avoid Finchley Road after accidents cause gridlock
- Credit: Archant
Police have advised motorists to avoid Finchley Road after a number of incidents have caused traffic jams and gridlock.
The northbound section of the road is currently closed after an elderly woman - thought to be in her 70s - was hit by a 12 tonne truck at about 12:35pm.
The incident happened at the junction with Fairfax Road.
The junction outside Swiss Cottage tube station is also experiencing heavy traffic after another elderly woman collapsed in College Crescent (running parallel to Finchley Road).
She is currently being treated by paramedics at the side of the road and is believed to have hurt her hip.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Given the road closures and extra busy traffic in the area this afternoon, we’d advise drivers to avoid the area unless absolutely necessary.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation