‘Plebgate’ MP Andrew Mitchell denies being born and bred in Hampstead
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Ah, the perils of relying on Wikipedia.
“Plebgate” MP Andrew Mitchell was confidently introduced as a “Hampsteadonian” born and bred in NW3 to a recent gathering of Conservative activists in support of Cllr Simon Marcus, Tory candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, at a private home on Monday.
Intrigued, Heathman asked the former chief whip about his local roots: “So, where in Hampstead are you from?”
“I’m not,” came the reply.
Perhaps someone should tell the online encyclopaedia.
You may also want to watch:
He does, though, live within cycling distance in Islington.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 6 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 7 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days