‘Plebgate’ MP Andrew Mitchell denies being born and bred in Hampstead
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Ah, the perils of relying on Wikipedia.
“Plebgate” MP Andrew Mitchell was confidently introduced as a “Hampsteadonian” born and bred in NW3 to a recent gathering of Conservative activists in support of Cllr Simon Marcus, Tory candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, at a private home on Monday.
Intrigued, Heathman asked the former chief whip about his local roots: “So, where in Hampstead are you from?”
“I’m not,” came the reply.
Perhaps someone should tell the online encyclopaedia.
You may also want to watch:
He does, though, live within cycling distance in Islington.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike