Please spare a fiver and help Project Butterfly spread its wings
INSTEAD of counting sheep the other night, I calculated that if every reader of the Ham&High Series donated just £5 to the Hampstead Hospice Project Butterfly Appeal, it would pass its target in a flash. So I m hoping that you will join me by pledging at
INSTEAD of counting sheep the other night, I calculated that if every reader of the Ham&High Series donated just £5 to the Hampstead Hospice Project Butterfly Appeal, it would pass its target in a flash.
So I'm hoping that you will join me by pledging at least a fiver for this great cause. You can read more about it in the Your Cause section of this website, or in this week's Ham&High (see centre pages).
Yes, I know there's a credit crunch going on, but £5 isn't a lot to ask. And by doing your bit to help, you will be making a world of difference to people in a real time of need.
For the past five years Ham&High readers and staff have been generously raising funds for the hospice, usually by supporting our annual Tree of Lights Appeal in December.
But a fantastic refurbishment is currently taking place and it is important that as much as possible is completed before winter sets in. That's why I'm making this special plea in the hope that all the work can be signed, sealed and delivered by the time our Christmas appeal takes place later this year.
What a fantastic present that would be, not only for people who need help, but for those who provide it - the fantastic team of professional carers and selfless volunteers who help to make the Hampstead Hospice a truly special place.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 4 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 5 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 6 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 7 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 8 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 9 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice
- 10 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
Of course, if you'd like to give more than a fiver, I'd be delighted. You can send a cheque to Project Butterfly £5 Appeal, Marie Curie Hospice, 11 Lyndhurst Gardens, NW3 5NS; call at our offices at 100a Avenue Road (beside Swiss Cottage tube station) or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk and follow the Project Butterfly links.
Geoff Martin, editor.