Please spare a fiver and help Project Butterfly spread its wings
INSTEAD of counting sheep the other night, I calculated that if every reader of the Ham&High Series donated just £5 to the Hampstead Hospice Project Butterfly Appeal, it would pass its target in a flash. So I m hoping that you will join me by pledging at
INSTEAD of counting sheep the other night, I calculated that if every reader of the Ham&High Series donated just £5 to the Hampstead Hospice Project Butterfly Appeal, it would pass its target in a flash.
So I'm hoping that you will join me by pledging at least a fiver for this great cause. You can read more about it in the Your Cause section of this website, or in this week's Ham&High (see centre pages).
Yes, I know there's a credit crunch going on, but £5 isn't a lot to ask. And by doing your bit to help, you will be making a world of difference to people in a real time of need.
For the past five years Ham&High readers and staff have been generously raising funds for the hospice, usually by supporting our annual Tree of Lights Appeal in December.
But a fantastic refurbishment is currently taking place and it is important that as much as possible is completed before winter sets in. That's why I'm making this special plea in the hope that all the work can be signed, sealed and delivered by the time our Christmas appeal takes place later this year.
What a fantastic present that would be, not only for people who need help, but for those who provide it - the fantastic team of professional carers and selfless volunteers who help to make the Hampstead Hospice a truly special place.
- 1 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 8 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Of course, if you'd like to give more than a fiver, I'd be delighted. You can send a cheque to Project Butterfly £5 Appeal, Marie Curie Hospice, 11 Lyndhurst Gardens, NW3 5NS; call at our offices at 100a Avenue Road (beside Swiss Cottage tube station) or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk and follow the Project Butterfly links.
Geoff Martin, editor.