Planning decision as cruel blow for Montessori nursery children
I am writing as a concerned resident who has lived in this area since 1986. For many years I have been aware of the small and delightful Montessori nursery school in Chalcot Gardens, which is enjoyed by 24 children, including the daughter of my neighbour
I am writing as a concerned resident who has lived in this area since 1986. For many years I have been aware of the small and delightful Montessori nursery school in Chalcot Gardens, which is enjoyed by 24 children, including the daughter of my neighbour in Haverstock Hill. It was established 16 years ago and there have been numerous times that I have seen the children out for a walk on Primrose Hill.
Two years ago the conservatory extension for the school had deteriorated and was replaced by a larger conservatory with big double glazed windows. This gave more space for the children to exercise and enjoy the view of garden.
Unfortunately a year after the new conservatory was built, the flat above it was bought for �1.5million; it appears the new owners do not approve of the conservatory or the school, although they were aware of both at the time of purchase.
Permission for the replacement conservatory had not been considered necessary on the grounds that it was not as big as the existing conservatory at 11 Chalcot Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the neighbours in Chalcot Gardens were in favour of the new conservatory but in the light of objections from the new owners, retrospective planning permission was sought.
This has been refused and a demolition order was issued just before Christmas. This seems a sad loss for the small children.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
Chair, Haverstock Hill Tenants Association