Pierce Brosnan films Nick Hornby movie in Highgate
Staff at a historic Highgate home were left shaken and more than a little stirred by the appearance of Hollywood A-lister Pierce Brosnan.
The Irish heart throb pitched up at Lauderdale House on Thursday (September 6) for his first day of filming on A Long Way Down, an adaptation of the Nick Hornby’s dark comedy set in Archway.
The 59-year-old former James Bond wandered the corridors of the 1582 home as a swarm of extras, dog walkers and park users, gathered in Waterlow Park to begin filming.
Although he might have passed on the 007 role to a young pretender the silver fox was up to his old tricks as he tinkled the ivories of the historic as staff swooned around him.
General manager Katherine Ives confided in Heathman: “He was absolutely charming, you would never have known he was such a mega star.
“He certainly lived up to everyone’s expectations.”
The film star, who used to live in Highgate, was showered with fake rain during filming and towelled himself off and changed in the house, to the delight of his female admirers on set.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 4 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 5 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
After lunch he made his way up to long gallery upstairs for a second session on a S�bastien �rard piano.
“He talked about how he had learned the piano when he was an out-of-work actor and he was trying to remember if he could play it,” said Katherine.
“Let’s just say it sounded like he was trying to remember which was what he said.”