Pierce Brosnan films Nick Hornby movie in Highgate
Staff at a historic Highgate home were left shaken and more than a little stirred by the appearance of Hollywood A-lister Pierce Brosnan.
The Irish heart throb pitched up at Lauderdale House on Thursday (September 6) for his first day of filming on A Long Way Down, an adaptation of the Nick Hornby’s dark comedy set in Archway.
The 59-year-old former James Bond wandered the corridors of the 1582 home as a swarm of extras, dog walkers and park users, gathered in Waterlow Park to begin filming.
Although he might have passed on the 007 role to a young pretender the silver fox was up to his old tricks as he tinkled the ivories of the historic as staff swooned around him.
General manager Katherine Ives confided in Heathman: “He was absolutely charming, you would never have known he was such a mega star.
You may also want to watch:
“He certainly lived up to everyone’s expectations.”
The film star, who used to live in Highgate, was showered with fake rain during filming and towelled himself off and changed in the house, to the delight of his female admirers on set.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
After lunch he made his way up to long gallery upstairs for a second session on a S�bastien �rard piano.
“He talked about how he had learned the piano when he was an out-of-work actor and he was trying to remember if he could play it,” said Katherine.
“Let’s just say it sounded like he was trying to remember which was what he said.”