Pierce Brosnan films Nick Hornby movie in Highgate
Staff at a historic Highgate home were left shaken and more than a little stirred by the appearance of Hollywood A-lister Pierce Brosnan.
The Irish heart throb pitched up at Lauderdale House on Thursday (September 6) for his first day of filming on A Long Way Down, an adaptation of the Nick Hornby’s dark comedy set in Archway.
The 59-year-old former James Bond wandered the corridors of the 1582 home as a swarm of extras, dog walkers and park users, gathered in Waterlow Park to begin filming.
Although he might have passed on the 007 role to a young pretender the silver fox was up to his old tricks as he tinkled the ivories of the historic as staff swooned around him.
General manager Katherine Ives confided in Heathman: “He was absolutely charming, you would never have known he was such a mega star.
You may also want to watch:
“He certainly lived up to everyone’s expectations.”
The film star, who used to live in Highgate, was showered with fake rain during filming and towelled himself off and changed in the house, to the delight of his female admirers on set.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
After lunch he made his way up to long gallery upstairs for a second session on a S�bastien �rard piano.
“He talked about how he had learned the piano when he was an out-of-work actor and he was trying to remember if he could play it,” said Katherine.
“Let’s just say it sounded like he was trying to remember which was what he said.”