Pierce Brosnan films Nick Hornby movie in Highgate
Staff at a historic Highgate home were left shaken and more than a little stirred by the appearance of Hollywood A-lister Pierce Brosnan.
The Irish heart throb pitched up at Lauderdale House on Thursday (September 6) for his first day of filming on A Long Way Down, an adaptation of the Nick Hornby’s dark comedy set in Archway.
The 59-year-old former James Bond wandered the corridors of the 1582 home as a swarm of extras, dog walkers and park users, gathered in Waterlow Park to begin filming.
Although he might have passed on the 007 role to a young pretender the silver fox was up to his old tricks as he tinkled the ivories of the historic as staff swooned around him.
General manager Katherine Ives confided in Heathman: “He was absolutely charming, you would never have known he was such a mega star.
You may also want to watch:
“He certainly lived up to everyone’s expectations.”
The film star, who used to live in Highgate, was showered with fake rain during filming and towelled himself off and changed in the house, to the delight of his female admirers on set.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
After lunch he made his way up to long gallery upstairs for a second session on a S�bastien �rard piano.
“He talked about how he had learned the piano when he was an out-of-work actor and he was trying to remember if he could play it,” said Katherine.
“Let’s just say it sounded like he was trying to remember which was what he said.”