‘Amazing’ Fair in the Square is a Highgate hit as hundreds flock to annual extravaganza
- Credit: Siorna Ashby
Hundreds attended Highgate’s annual Fair in the Square at the weekend, sponsored by the Ham&High.
The stalls were busy, entertainment exciting, and best of all the fair raised plenty of cash for local charities, although the fundraising figure is still to be confirmed.
Sarah Thomas, who led the Fair in the Square committee for the first time this year, said: “It was an amazing day, although lots of us were new to organising it so the night before was a nervous one! It’s always lovely to see how much people in Highgate get behind the fair.”
As ever, the opportunity to learn about shearing a sheep in the middle of London proved tempting for many, while the Highgate Brass Band and St Michael’s School choir were among the local performers to delight visitors.
There were some new things too, most notably a gravity-defying show put on by the Jacksons Lane Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah added: “The acrobatics were incredible.”.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points