‘Amazing’ Fair in the Square is a Highgate hit as hundreds flock to annual extravaganza
- Credit: Siorna Ashby
Hundreds attended Highgate’s annual Fair in the Square at the weekend, sponsored by the Ham&High.
The stalls were busy, entertainment exciting, and best of all the fair raised plenty of cash for local charities, although the fundraising figure is still to be confirmed.
Sarah Thomas, who led the Fair in the Square committee for the first time this year, said: “It was an amazing day, although lots of us were new to organising it so the night before was a nervous one! It’s always lovely to see how much people in Highgate get behind the fair.”
As ever, the opportunity to learn about shearing a sheep in the middle of London proved tempting for many, while the Highgate Brass Band and St Michael’s School choir were among the local performers to delight visitors.
There were some new things too, most notably a gravity-defying show put on by the Jacksons Lane Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah added: “The acrobatics were incredible.”.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 7 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 8 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass