‘Amazing’ Fair in the Square is a Highgate hit as hundreds flock to annual extravaganza
- Credit: Siorna Ashby
Hundreds attended Highgate’s annual Fair in the Square at the weekend, sponsored by the Ham&High.
The stalls were busy, entertainment exciting, and best of all the fair raised plenty of cash for local charities, although the fundraising figure is still to be confirmed.
Sarah Thomas, who led the Fair in the Square committee for the first time this year, said: “It was an amazing day, although lots of us were new to organising it so the night before was a nervous one! It’s always lovely to see how much people in Highgate get behind the fair.”
As ever, the opportunity to learn about shearing a sheep in the middle of London proved tempting for many, while the Highgate Brass Band and St Michael’s School choir were among the local performers to delight visitors.
There were some new things too, most notably a gravity-defying show put on by the Jacksons Lane Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah added: “The acrobatics were incredible.”.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute