Belsize Christmas show tinged with sadness as Nazanin’s husband Richard gives update on her plight in jail
- Credit: Archant
Richard Ratcliffe addressed crowds at Belsize Christmas Show, as he approaches the third festive period since his wife Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was jailed in Iran.
He has spoken to attendees at the Christmas event outside Budgens supermarket in Haverstock Hill every year since she was arrested at Tehran Airport in April 2016.
On Saturday he gave an update on Nazanin’s situation, and how she was coping while in Evin prison.
There was also a visit from Santa as Jonny Bucknall, former Tory councillor for Belsize, donned the suit once again to greet families.
Bollywood Company dancers wowed fans, and were sponsored by Nicky Patel of the nearby BP garage. Neighbours also performed a version of Welsh poet Dylan Thomas’ A Child’s Christmas in Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Grove, of Belsize Lane, said: “Sadly, this is the third Christmas that Richard has come to talk to us and still Nazanin is separated from her family.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing