Belsize Christmas show tinged with sadness as Nazanin’s husband Richard gives update on her plight in jail
- Credit: Archant
Richard Ratcliffe addressed crowds at Belsize Christmas Show, as he approaches the third festive period since his wife Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was jailed in Iran.
He has spoken to attendees at the Christmas event outside Budgens supermarket in Haverstock Hill every year since she was arrested at Tehran Airport in April 2016.
On Saturday he gave an update on Nazanin’s situation, and how she was coping while in Evin prison.
There was also a visit from Santa as Jonny Bucknall, former Tory councillor for Belsize, donned the suit once again to greet families.
Bollywood Company dancers wowed fans, and were sponsored by Nicky Patel of the nearby BP garage. Neighbours also performed a version of Welsh poet Dylan Thomas’ A Child’s Christmas in Wales.
Linda Grove, of Belsize Lane, said: “Sadly, this is the third Christmas that Richard has come to talk to us and still Nazanin is separated from her family.”
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 3 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 4 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 5 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 6 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 7 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 8 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 9 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 10 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice