Belsize Christmas show tinged with sadness as Nazanin’s husband Richard gives update on her plight in jail
- Credit: Archant
Richard Ratcliffe addressed crowds at Belsize Christmas Show, as he approaches the third festive period since his wife Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was jailed in Iran.
He has spoken to attendees at the Christmas event outside Budgens supermarket in Haverstock Hill every year since she was arrested at Tehran Airport in April 2016.
On Saturday he gave an update on Nazanin’s situation, and how she was coping while in Evin prison.
There was also a visit from Santa as Jonny Bucknall, former Tory councillor for Belsize, donned the suit once again to greet families.
Bollywood Company dancers wowed fans, and were sponsored by Nicky Patel of the nearby BP garage. Neighbours also performed a version of Welsh poet Dylan Thomas’ A Child’s Christmas in Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Grove, of Belsize Lane, said: “Sadly, this is the third Christmas that Richard has come to talk to us and still Nazanin is separated from her family.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office