Pictures: London Zoo dishes out the Hallowe’en treats
There cannot be many occasions when the Jack O’Lantern is the less scary – or orange – thing in a picture.
This pumpkin is certainly losing out on both counts, although the innocent expression on Sumatran tiger Jae Jae’s face belies how dangerous he can be.
This is the American tiger’s first Hallowe’en at London Zoo after the four-year-old was flown in from Akron Zoo in Ohio.
It is hoped he will take a shine to Melati, who was brought over from Perth, Australia.
The pair will take centre stage in the zoo’s new tiger enclosure, due to be opened early next year.
You may also want to watch:
But he wasn’t the only animal who got to enjoy a Hallowe’en treat at the Regent’s Park attraction.
Raja the Komodo dragon and the meerkats were also captured on film munching on pumpkins and the treats within.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- 7 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 8 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 9 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 10 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds