Pictures: London Zoo dishes out the Hallowe’en treats
There cannot be many occasions when the Jack O’Lantern is the less scary – or orange – thing in a picture.
This pumpkin is certainly losing out on both counts, although the innocent expression on Sumatran tiger Jae Jae’s face belies how dangerous he can be.
This is the American tiger’s first Hallowe’en at London Zoo after the four-year-old was flown in from Akron Zoo in Ohio.
It is hoped he will take a shine to Melati, who was brought over from Perth, Australia.
The pair will take centre stage in the zoo’s new tiger enclosure, due to be opened early next year.
But he wasn’t the only animal who got to enjoy a Hallowe’en treat at the Regent’s Park attraction.
Raja the Komodo dragon and the meerkats were also captured on film munching on pumpkins and the treats within.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 9 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'