Pictures: London Zoo dishes out the Hallowe’en treats
There cannot be many occasions when the Jack O’Lantern is the less scary – or orange – thing in a picture.
This pumpkin is certainly losing out on both counts, although the innocent expression on Sumatran tiger Jae Jae’s face belies how dangerous he can be.
This is the American tiger’s first Hallowe’en at London Zoo after the four-year-old was flown in from Akron Zoo in Ohio.
It is hoped he will take a shine to Melati, who was brought over from Perth, Australia.
The pair will take centre stage in the zoo’s new tiger enclosure, due to be opened early next year.
You may also want to watch:
But he wasn’t the only animal who got to enjoy a Hallowe’en treat at the Regent’s Park attraction.
Raja the Komodo dragon and the meerkats were also captured on film munching on pumpkins and the treats within.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 9 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'