Pictures: Jester Festival in Fortune Green enjoys 43rd year
- Credit: Archant
Revellers managed to dodge the patches of rain over the weekend as the annual Fortune Green Jester Festival enjoyed its 43rd year.
The weekend saw hundreds turn up over Saturday and Sunday, with live music, children’s rides and a big climbing wall providing fun for all the family.
Stalls included arts and crafts, bric-à-brac, books, homemade baked goods, potted plants, and mouth-watering international food.
Cllr Flick Rea, Lib Dem representative for Fortune Green, said: “The day went very well and although it started spitting with rain, in the end we had two great sunny days.
“We’re in our 43rd year now and it’s still an event that families really enjoy. We had a great turnout and we try and improve it every year.
“This year, by accident, we had a very big climbing wall which the little ones just loved.
“Children were also queuing up to be taught by our circus skills trainer.”
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 7 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 8 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged