Pictures: Gardeners bloom at Muswell Hill flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
“Exuberant” vegetables including spherical carrots and summer flowers were just a few highlights of the Muswell Hill Horticultural Society’s summer show.
Held on Saturday, the annual show saw about 100 people enjoy the blazing sunshine, hydrangeas, roses and lilies at North Bank House, in Page’s Lane, Muswell Hill.
Show secretary Jane Bywaters said: “The glorious weather was a very good thing. There was a very English, warm atmosphere with contentment in the air.
“There were also very good home made cakes and tea,” Jane added.
Winners included society president Gary Sycamore, Jenny Kruss, who won the first Harper Cup award for her cookery exhibit, and Yvonne Heath.
You may also want to watch:
The trophies were presented by Hornsey and Wood Green MP and festival favourite Catherine West.
And turning heads were Susan Chaitow’s globe carrots.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
“Sometimes we grow more exotic veg,” Jane explained.