Pictures: Gardeners bloom at Muswell Hill flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
“Exuberant” vegetables including spherical carrots and summer flowers were just a few highlights of the Muswell Hill Horticultural Society’s summer show.
Held on Saturday, the annual show saw about 100 people enjoy the blazing sunshine, hydrangeas, roses and lilies at North Bank House, in Page’s Lane, Muswell Hill.
Show secretary Jane Bywaters said: “The glorious weather was a very good thing. There was a very English, warm atmosphere with contentment in the air.
“There were also very good home made cakes and tea,” Jane added.
Winners included society president Gary Sycamore, Jenny Kruss, who won the first Harper Cup award for her cookery exhibit, and Yvonne Heath.
The trophies were presented by Hornsey and Wood Green MP and festival favourite Catherine West.
And turning heads were Susan Chaitow’s globe carrots.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
“Sometimes we grow more exotic veg,” Jane explained.