Pictures: Gardeners bloom at Muswell Hill flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
“Exuberant” vegetables including spherical carrots and summer flowers were just a few highlights of the Muswell Hill Horticultural Society’s summer show.
Held on Saturday, the annual show saw about 100 people enjoy the blazing sunshine, hydrangeas, roses and lilies at North Bank House, in Page’s Lane, Muswell Hill.
Show secretary Jane Bywaters said: “The glorious weather was a very good thing. There was a very English, warm atmosphere with contentment in the air.
“There were also very good home made cakes and tea,” Jane added.
Winners included society president Gary Sycamore, Jenny Kruss, who won the first Harper Cup award for her cookery exhibit, and Yvonne Heath.
You may also want to watch:
The trophies were presented by Hornsey and Wood Green MP and festival favourite Catherine West.
And turning heads were Susan Chaitow’s globe carrots.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 6 Protests over Highgate housing plan but council moves to reassure locals
- 7 'That's life': Tao Geoghegan Hart on his debut Tour de France
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds raised for St John’s Wood shop wrecked by flooding
“Sometimes we grow more exotic veg,” Jane explained.