Pictures: Gardeners bloom at Muswell Hill flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
“Exuberant” vegetables including spherical carrots and summer flowers were just a few highlights of the Muswell Hill Horticultural Society’s summer show.
Held on Saturday, the annual show saw about 100 people enjoy the blazing sunshine, hydrangeas, roses and lilies at North Bank House, in Page’s Lane, Muswell Hill.
Show secretary Jane Bywaters said: “The glorious weather was a very good thing. There was a very English, warm atmosphere with contentment in the air.
“There were also very good home made cakes and tea,” Jane added.
Winners included society president Gary Sycamore, Jenny Kruss, who won the first Harper Cup award for her cookery exhibit, and Yvonne Heath.
You may also want to watch:
The trophies were presented by Hornsey and Wood Green MP and festival favourite Catherine West.
And turning heads were Susan Chaitow’s globe carrots.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
“Sometimes we grow more exotic veg,” Jane explained.