Pictures: Gardeners bloom at Muswell Hill flower show
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
“Exuberant” vegetables including spherical carrots and summer flowers were just a few highlights of the Muswell Hill Horticultural Society’s summer show.
Held on Saturday, the annual show saw about 100 people enjoy the blazing sunshine, hydrangeas, roses and lilies at North Bank House, in Page’s Lane, Muswell Hill.
Show secretary Jane Bywaters said: “The glorious weather was a very good thing. There was a very English, warm atmosphere with contentment in the air.
“There were also very good home made cakes and tea,” Jane added.
Winners included society president Gary Sycamore, Jenny Kruss, who won the first Harper Cup award for her cookery exhibit, and Yvonne Heath.
You may also want to watch:
The trophies were presented by Hornsey and Wood Green MP and festival favourite Catherine West.
And turning heads were Susan Chaitow’s globe carrots.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
- 10 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
“Sometimes we grow more exotic veg,” Jane explained.