Pictures: Bread, cake and jazz on menu as bakery hosts Hampstead garden party
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of revellers rose to the occasion as they devoured an abundance of baked delights at a “garden party” hosted in the heart of Hampstead Village.
Oriel Place was taken over by bread and cake stalls on Saturday for the annual garden party laid on by Gail’s Artisan Bakery.
Fans of the BBC’s hit cookery show The Great British Bake Off had plenty to enjoy as visitors tucked into cinnamon rolls, Soho buns and sourdough loaves, while there was plenty of barbecue-cooked street food on offer for good measure.
Live jazz from the Bethnal Green Big Band and traditional fête games helped to keep visitors entertained, at what was the eighth party hosted in Hampstead by Gail’s.
The bakery opened its first store around the corner in Hampstead High Street in 2005 and now has branches in Belsize Park and across the capital. The all-day event also helped to raise money for Water Aid, a charity working in 27 countries to help improve access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Molnar, founder of Gail’s, said: “The garden party was a great success – it was the eighth consecutive party and the busiest yet. Filled with families, locals and Londoners, there was a wonderful friendly atmosphere, everyone tucking into treats from our restaurant and listening to the live jazz.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath