PICTURES: Abandoned dogs find a home as Ricky Gervais joins Valentine’s Dog walk
- Credit: Dieter Perry
Two abandoned dogs found a home at East Finchley charity All Dogs Matter’s annual Valentine’s Day dog walk on Hampstead Heath
Manager Ira Moss said they were delighted with the turnout, despite the plummeting temperatures, with around 100 dogs, joining the charity on their seventh annual Valentine’s dog walk on Sunday.
She said: “It was really good, we had a nice muddy walk over the Heath. It was cold, but dog walkers are pretty hard core.
“We had some loyal fans, as well as new faces.”
Hampstead comedian Ricky Gervais, a supporter of the charity, joined at South End Green before the group left for the walk.
You may also want to watch:
The charity raised £1,000 and two of the charity’s dogs were adopted after the walk – Juliet, a 10-month-old mastiff cross from Haringey who had been abandoned, and Pixy, a border terrier.
The dog walker group set off from South End Green, and walked to the ponds, before returning via Parliament Hill and having lunch at the Garden Gate Pub.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Some of the dogs were dressed in red and pink coats and jumpers, with the odd bow, with a couple of others following a patriotic Union Jack theme for the trip.
All Dogs Matter say there have been more and more abandoned dogs in the last few years.
The charity rescues and rehomes stray dogs, or those rescued from pounds.
For more information about the charity, visit: alldogsmatter.co.uk.