PICTURES: Abandoned dogs find a home as Ricky Gervais joins Valentine’s Dog walk
- Credit: Dieter Perry
Two abandoned dogs found a home at East Finchley charity All Dogs Matter’s annual Valentine’s Day dog walk on Hampstead Heath
Manager Ira Moss said they were delighted with the turnout, despite the plummeting temperatures, with around 100 dogs, joining the charity on their seventh annual Valentine’s dog walk on Sunday.
She said: “It was really good, we had a nice muddy walk over the Heath. It was cold, but dog walkers are pretty hard core.
“We had some loyal fans, as well as new faces.”
Hampstead comedian Ricky Gervais, a supporter of the charity, joined at South End Green before the group left for the walk.
The charity raised £1,000 and two of the charity’s dogs were adopted after the walk – Juliet, a 10-month-old mastiff cross from Haringey who had been abandoned, and Pixy, a border terrier.
The dog walker group set off from South End Green, and walked to the ponds, before returning via Parliament Hill and having lunch at the Garden Gate Pub.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 8 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 9 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 10 Bus routes 24, 31 and 88 serving Camden, Hampstead and Parliament Hill to be axed or re-routed
Some of the dogs were dressed in red and pink coats and jumpers, with the odd bow, with a couple of others following a patriotic Union Jack theme for the trip.
All Dogs Matter say there have been more and more abandoned dogs in the last few years.
The charity rescues and rehomes stray dogs, or those rescued from pounds.
For more information about the charity, visit: alldogsmatter.co.uk.