PICTURES: Abandoned dogs find a home as Ricky Gervais joins Valentine’s Dog walk
- Credit: Dieter Perry
Two abandoned dogs found a home at East Finchley charity All Dogs Matter’s annual Valentine’s Day dog walk on Hampstead Heath
Manager Ira Moss said they were delighted with the turnout, despite the plummeting temperatures, with around 100 dogs, joining the charity on their seventh annual Valentine’s dog walk on Sunday.
She said: “It was really good, we had a nice muddy walk over the Heath. It was cold, but dog walkers are pretty hard core.
“We had some loyal fans, as well as new faces.”
Hampstead comedian Ricky Gervais, a supporter of the charity, joined at South End Green before the group left for the walk.
You may also want to watch:
The charity raised £1,000 and two of the charity’s dogs were adopted after the walk – Juliet, a 10-month-old mastiff cross from Haringey who had been abandoned, and Pixy, a border terrier.
The dog walker group set off from South End Green, and walked to the ponds, before returning via Parliament Hill and having lunch at the Garden Gate Pub.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Some of the dogs were dressed in red and pink coats and jumpers, with the odd bow, with a couple of others following a patriotic Union Jack theme for the trip.
All Dogs Matter say there have been more and more abandoned dogs in the last few years.
The charity rescues and rehomes stray dogs, or those rescued from pounds.
For more information about the charity, visit: alldogsmatter.co.uk.