Picture gallery: BMW crashes during police chase in Lyndhurst Gardens in Hampstead
- Credit: citizenside.com
These are the first pictures of the scene after a BMW crashed into a parked car during a police chase in Hampstead today.
The BMW was being pursued by police before it collided with another vehicle in Lyndhurst Gardens at about 1pm.
Suspects were reportedly seen running from the scene on foot.
Both cars were severely damaged by the impact while a third car was shunted along the road.
Cllr Chris Knight, a Hampstead Town councillor who saw the aftermath and spoke to police officers at the scene, said: “Police said they had given chase to the vehicle and because it was a high-powered BMW, it had made ground on them.
You may also want to watch:
“The police then chased them on foot after they literally just jumped out and legged it.
“Apparently there were three of them and they escaped over the school wall and through the playground at St Christopher’s [primary school].”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Photographer Charlie Bard, 25, who lives in Lyndhurst Gardens, said: “I was up late for a shoot last night and it woke me up.
“That was an interesting way to wake up – sirens followed by a large bang.
“When I looked out the window there were two police cars and three damaged cars. The BMW was crashed into a red car and on the pavement.”
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed there was a collosion following a police pursuit.
* To see more pictures, click the photo gallery link on the right hand side of the page.