Picture gallery: BMW crashes during police chase in Lyndhurst Gardens in Hampstead
- Credit: citizenside.com
These are the first pictures of the scene after a BMW crashed into a parked car during a police chase in Hampstead today.
The BMW was being pursued by police before it collided with another vehicle in Lyndhurst Gardens at about 1pm.
Suspects were reportedly seen running from the scene on foot.
Both cars were severely damaged by the impact while a third car was shunted along the road.
Cllr Chris Knight, a Hampstead Town councillor who saw the aftermath and spoke to police officers at the scene, said: “Police said they had given chase to the vehicle and because it was a high-powered BMW, it had made ground on them.
You may also want to watch:
“The police then chased them on foot after they literally just jumped out and legged it.
“Apparently there were three of them and they escaped over the school wall and through the playground at St Christopher’s [primary school].”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
Photographer Charlie Bard, 25, who lives in Lyndhurst Gardens, said: “I was up late for a shoot last night and it woke me up.
“That was an interesting way to wake up – sirens followed by a large bang.
“When I looked out the window there were two police cars and three damaged cars. The BMW was crashed into a red car and on the pavement.”
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed there was a collosion following a police pursuit.
* To see more pictures, click the photo gallery link on the right hand side of the page.