Photos: 120 dogs enter Pup Idol 2014 in scrap for Hampstead’s most glamorous dog crown
- Credit: Archant
Some of Hampstead’s most glamorous pooches competed for honours including best dressed and cutest pup at a charity dog pageant.
About 120 pets were entered into Pup Idol 2014 in the garden of The Spaniards Inn, Spaniards Road, on Saturday (July 12) – grabbing the limelight from celebrity guests including actors Michelle Collins, Georgia Slowe and Peter Egan and broadcaster Bill Oddie.
The event, which has now been running for five years, raised about £2,500 for dog rehoming charity All Dogs Matter.
Ira Moss, founder of All Dogs Matter, said: “The atmosphere was great – it was like a party rather than a dog show.
“A couple of the dogs had a wee on the stage, but overall the dogs were really well behaved and they really enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
The animals vied for six titles – cutest pup, golden oldie, Miss and Mr Hampstead, best rescue dog and best dressed.
All Dogs Matter rescues abandoned and stray dogs that would otherwise be put down.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
It found new owners for three rescued dogs on the day.
Visit alldogsmatter.co.uk for more information.