Photography exhibition brings closed shop back into focus
A POPULAR shop in Golders Green which closed for business after 80 years has been used for a photography exhibition. Franks store on Golders Green Road played host to images by Murray Freedman, who is married to daughter of the Frank s empire Susan Freedm
A POPULAR shop in Golders Green which closed for business after 80 years has been used for a photography exhibition.
Franks store on Golders Green Road played host to images by Murray Freedman, who is married to daughter of the Frank's empire Susan Freedman.
"My parents Hazel and Maurice Sheldon are now enjoying their retirement after decades serving the community," said Ms Freedman.
"The shop has been vacant while we plan to rent it out, so it was a perfect opportunity for Murray to exhibit his work."
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition featured photos from the south coast of England and north London, as well as the warmer climes of Italy, Spain and France. It ran from Thursday to Sunday last week and future exhibitions are also being planned before Frank's becomes another shop.
"The response was fantastic," added Ms Freedman. "The visitor's book was full of comments which was absolutely brilliant.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin