Photo Gallery: Fortune Green Jester Festival sees hundreds enjoy Daleks and dog shows
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of revellers turned out in the rain and sunshine over the weekend as they celebrated the Fortune Green Jester Festival with live music, a packed food market and even a Dalek.
Now running for more than 40 years, organisers say the festival has been “going from strength to strength” in recent years thanks to the increased involvement of businesses from the area.
Performances came from a number of blues, jazz, choral and dance groups, including the Hampstead School Dance Company and the Fortune Green Choir.
Visitors also rushed to get their picture taken with a model of Doctor Who’s infamous foe, the Dalek.
Jody Graham, co-organiser of the festival, said: “It went brilliantly and people absolutely loved the dog show and rugby.
You may also want to watch:
“We had 42 businesses contributing this year, selling wares and donating amazing prizes for the raffle, and we were also really pleased to be able to showcase the local music talent we have here.
“This year also saw about 15 police cadets volunteering their services, which was a great help, so many thanks to them.”
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach