Photo Gallery: Fortune Green Jester Festival sees hundreds enjoy Daleks and dog shows
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of revellers turned out in the rain and sunshine over the weekend as they celebrated the Fortune Green Jester Festival with live music, a packed food market and even a Dalek.
Now running for more than 40 years, organisers say the festival has been “going from strength to strength” in recent years thanks to the increased involvement of businesses from the area.
Performances came from a number of blues, jazz, choral and dance groups, including the Hampstead School Dance Company and the Fortune Green Choir.
Visitors also rushed to get their picture taken with a model of Doctor Who’s infamous foe, the Dalek.
Jody Graham, co-organiser of the festival, said: “It went brilliantly and people absolutely loved the dog show and rugby.
You may also want to watch:
“We had 42 businesses contributing this year, selling wares and donating amazing prizes for the raffle, and we were also really pleased to be able to showcase the local music talent we have here.
“This year also saw about 15 police cadets volunteering their services, which was a great help, so many thanks to them.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'