Photo gallery: Chorus of festive voices swell at Hampstead and Highgate carol concerts
A chorus of festive voices swelled in Hampstead and Highgate this week as locals sang together at Christmas concerts.
Hits from famous musicals and festive songs were performed at Lauderdale House in Waterlow Park, Highgate, when the Singing in London choir gave a free concert on Monday.
The group, composed of Highgate residents when set up in 2006, raised money for the Whittington Hospital through donations.
Elsewhere, the St Michael’s Primary School choir and the New London Children’s Choir joined the Highgate Choral Society for its carol concert at St Michael’s Church, in South Grove, Highgate, on Saturday.
Ronald Corp, the society’s musical director, said: “The school’s choir makes a wonderful and important contribution to our celebrations.”
You may also want to watch:
At Hampstead Parish Church, in Church Row, another carol concert raised money for local charity the Marie Curie Hospice, in Lyndhurst Gardens, as well as the International Consortium of Street Children, on Saturday.
Performing at the concert were The Heath Singers, joined by young actors from the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama who gave readings and recited poetry.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
The concert was organised by conductor George Vass and Ginny Greenwood, chief executive of The Mayor of London’s Fund for Young Musicians.
“We wanted to do something special for local residents and, as we both work in the music world, we wanted to do something for the community,” explained Ms Greenwood.
* To see lots more pictures from all the carol concerts, click here