Photo gallery: Children spread festive cheer at school fairs and Christmas concerts
Festive cheer was in the air as schoolchildren, parents and teachers attended Christmas fairs and concerts.
The classrooms of Brookland Junior School were packed with seasonal spirit as its winter fair filled the school last Saturday.
Parents of pupils from the school in Hampstead Garden Suburb helped to run stalls and activities throughout the day to raise money for the school.
In Highgate, 47 girls from Channing Senior School took to the stage to perform The Canterbury Tales at Jacksons Lane Theatre last week.
The girls mixed modern songs, from The Beatles to Abba, into the medieval story.
You may also want to watch:
At Gospel Oak School, in Mansfield Road, on Friday last week a parents’ and children’s choir performed for visitors at the opening ceremony for this year’s winter fair.
A Santa’s grotto, tombola, face painting and origami were some of the entertainment on offer.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
Children from Mulberry House School in West Hampstead were also in fine voice as they held a seasonal concert for parents at the JW3 community centre in Finchley Road on Monday last week.