Photo gallery: Children spread festive cheer at school fairs and Christmas concerts
Festive cheer was in the air as schoolchildren, parents and teachers attended Christmas fairs and concerts.
The classrooms of Brookland Junior School were packed with seasonal spirit as its winter fair filled the school last Saturday.
Parents of pupils from the school in Hampstead Garden Suburb helped to run stalls and activities throughout the day to raise money for the school.
In Highgate, 47 girls from Channing Senior School took to the stage to perform The Canterbury Tales at Jacksons Lane Theatre last week.
The girls mixed modern songs, from The Beatles to Abba, into the medieval story.
At Gospel Oak School, in Mansfield Road, on Friday last week a parents’ and children’s choir performed for visitors at the opening ceremony for this year’s winter fair.
A Santa’s grotto, tombola, face painting and origami were some of the entertainment on offer.
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
Children from Mulberry House School in West Hampstead were also in fine voice as they held a seasonal concert for parents at the JW3 community centre in Finchley Road on Monday last week.