Photo gallery: Children spread festive cheer at school fairs and Christmas concerts
Festive cheer was in the air as schoolchildren, parents and teachers attended Christmas fairs and concerts.
The classrooms of Brookland Junior School were packed with seasonal spirit as its winter fair filled the school last Saturday.
Parents of pupils from the school in Hampstead Garden Suburb helped to run stalls and activities throughout the day to raise money for the school.
In Highgate, 47 girls from Channing Senior School took to the stage to perform The Canterbury Tales at Jacksons Lane Theatre last week.
The girls mixed modern songs, from The Beatles to Abba, into the medieval story.
You may also want to watch:
At Gospel Oak School, in Mansfield Road, on Friday last week a parents’ and children’s choir performed for visitors at the opening ceremony for this year’s winter fair.
A Santa’s grotto, tombola, face painting and origami were some of the entertainment on offer.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Children from Mulberry House School in West Hampstead were also in fine voice as they held a seasonal concert for parents at the JW3 community centre in Finchley Road on Monday last week.