PHOTO GALLERY: Camden and Haringey hit hard by storm
Residents woke to scenes of destruction on streets across Camden and Haringey this morning as one of the worst storms in years hit London.
Powerful gusts of over 80mph ripped through the capital, uprooting trees and causing severe damage to homes and cars.
Residents in Shepherd’s Hill, Highgate, were met with a particularly shocking scene this morning as a large tree collapsed blocking the entire road.
There were similar scenes in Lancaster Grove, Swiss Cottage, where a fallen tree branch had blocked the road and damaged two parked cars.
In Haringey, roads have been also been left blocked and cars severely damaged by fallen trees.
You may also want to watch:
Check out our gallery of storm damage pictures from across Haringey and Camden above.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill