PHOTO GALLERY: Camden and Haringey hit hard by storm
Residents woke to scenes of destruction on streets across Camden and Haringey this morning as one of the worst storms in years hit London.
Powerful gusts of over 80mph ripped through the capital, uprooting trees and causing severe damage to homes and cars.
Residents in Shepherd’s Hill, Highgate, were met with a particularly shocking scene this morning as a large tree collapsed blocking the entire road.
There were similar scenes in Lancaster Grove, Swiss Cottage, where a fallen tree branch had blocked the road and damaged two parked cars.
In Haringey, roads have been also been left blocked and cars severely damaged by fallen trees.
You may also want to watch:
Check out our gallery of storm damage pictures from across Haringey and Camden above.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'