Photo gallery: 8,000 people enjoy Give it a Go! festival on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Thousands of people descended on Hampstead Heath to enjoy an array of sporty and energetic activities at the weekend.
Some 8,000 turned out for this year’s Give it a Go! festival on Sunday (July 20), which offered coaching in tennis, rugby and bowls, along with fitness sessions and lessons in street dance and martial arts.
Youngsters tested their mettle on an assault course, took part in circus workshops – and learned how to act like pirates.
The event also saw the official launch of the world’s first all-weather outdoor table for “triples” ping pong, a new spin on the sport designed for two teams of three.
The unique circular table has been permanently installed near the tennis courts in Parliament Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Simons, chairman of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath Committee, said: “It was wonderful to see so many people enjoying themselves in the sunshine on the Heath – it’s the perfect place to get fit, play sports or simply walk the dog.
“In 2012, 37 per cent of Year Six children were classed as overweight or obese – and for the young, exercise and good nutrition can make a huge difference later in life.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
“This is where the Heath can help, and it is here right on your doorstep.”
Digi Berry, founder of T3 Ping Pong, the company behind the new table, said: “I am delighted that the City of London has commissioned the T3 all-weather table to be here at Hampstead Heath, free for the public to experience this fantastically addictive game.”