Philanthropist Dame Gail Ronson excited about Hampstead Garden Suburb return
- Credit: Archant
Philanthropist Dame Gail Ronson was celebrated for her dedication to a leading Jewish charity at a special fashion show held in her honour.
The 68-year-old, wife of business tycoon Gerald Ronson, was joined by two of her daughters and TV presenter Gloria Hunniford for the show at Annabel’s private members club, in Mayfair, in aid of Jewish Care on Monday.
Dame Gail, who is also the aunt of music star Mark Ronson, told the Ham&High she was looking forward to returning to Hampstead Garden Suburb, her home of 47 years, for Christmas.
The mother-of-four is currently renting in Hampstead with her husband while their Suburb house, in Winnington Road, undergoes renovations.
Dame Gail’s daughter Hayley was one of the volunteer models who paraded evening, swim- and day-wear at Monday’s show, which raised £20,000 for Jewish Care.
You may also want to watch:
“It was lovely - I was the guest of honour and I was embarrassed by the whole thing,” Dame Gail said.
“Gerald’s always worked very hard and has given me the opportunity and the support to do the things I do.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury