Philanthropist Dame Gail Ronson excited about Hampstead Garden Suburb return
- Credit: Archant
Philanthropist Dame Gail Ronson was celebrated for her dedication to a leading Jewish charity at a special fashion show held in her honour.
The 68-year-old, wife of business tycoon Gerald Ronson, was joined by two of her daughters and TV presenter Gloria Hunniford for the show at Annabel’s private members club, in Mayfair, in aid of Jewish Care on Monday.
Dame Gail, who is also the aunt of music star Mark Ronson, told the Ham&High she was looking forward to returning to Hampstead Garden Suburb, her home of 47 years, for Christmas.
The mother-of-four is currently renting in Hampstead with her husband while their Suburb house, in Winnington Road, undergoes renovations.
Dame Gail’s daughter Hayley was one of the volunteer models who paraded evening, swim- and day-wear at Monday’s show, which raised £20,000 for Jewish Care.
You may also want to watch:
“It was lovely - I was the guest of honour and I was embarrassed by the whole thing,” Dame Gail said.
“Gerald’s always worked very hard and has given me the opportunity and the support to do the things I do.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar