Pheasant Breasts in Cider Recipe
Pheasant breasts in cider recipe
This warming winter recipe serves 4...
4 Pheasant breasts (preferably young hen)
You may also want to watch:
4 large rashers streaky bacon
450ml dry local cider
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
1tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
Knob of butter
2 dessert apples cored and sliced
1 tsp light soft brown sugar
100ml cr�me fra�che
Preheat the oven to 170˚C/350F/Gas 4
1. Spread the pheasant breasts with butter and wrap in the bacon
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown on all sides
3. Add the onion and cook until soft and lightly browned
4. Place in an oven and hob-proof dish with 250ml of cider, cover with a lid or tin foil, and place in the oven for 60 minutes
5. Check during cooking to ensure they don’t dry out – add more cider if necessary
6. Melt some butter in a saucepan and add the apples. Cook over a medium heat for a while and then add the sugar. Continue to stir gently until apples are softened and sugar caramelising. Keep warm
7. Remove the pheasants from the oven dish and keep warm
8. Place the oven dish on a high heat and add the remaining cider. Boil to reduce to a syrup, add the cr�me fra�che and cook over a low heat
9. Slice each breast into thick slices breast. Pour the sauce over the meat and garnish with the apples.