Pet shop raid in Crouch End Broadway
BURGLARS raided a much-loved pet shop in Crouch End at the weekend, stealing �300 worth of dog leads, collars and cash. The thieves struck at Hornsey Pet and Garden Shop in Park Road, between 6.10pm on Saturday (April 4) and 11.50am on Sunday (April 5). T
BURGLARS raided a much-loved pet shop in Crouch End at the weekend, stealing �300 worth of dog leads, collars and cash.
The thieves struck at Hornsey Pet and Garden Shop in Park Road, between 6.10pm on Saturday (April 4) and 11.50am on Sunday (April 5).
They smashed a rear window then forced through a partition wall to gain entry to the front of the shop, throwing shelving and stock on the floor.
It comes just days after Toni and Guy hairdressers was targeted in a similar raid last weekend. Thieves kicked in the back door of the shop in Crouch End Hill, between 6pm on Saturday (March 28) night and 10am on Sunday (March 29) morning after jumping down into a courtyard from an overhead walkway between flats above.
You may also want to watch:
They stole two lap tops and more than �1,000 worth of hair products.
Police arrived in the morning to find the next door shop Hair On The Hill also had its back door smashed through.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
Anyone with information about these burglaries is asked to contact Det Sgt Nadia Cilenti on 020-8345 0886 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.