Pet shop raid in Crouch End Broadway
BURGLARS raided a much-loved pet shop in Crouch End at the weekend, stealing �300 worth of dog leads, collars and cash. The thieves struck at Hornsey Pet and Garden Shop in Park Road, between 6.10pm on Saturday (April 4) and 11.50am on Sunday (April 5). T
BURGLARS raided a much-loved pet shop in Crouch End at the weekend, stealing �300 worth of dog leads, collars and cash.
The thieves struck at Hornsey Pet and Garden Shop in Park Road, between 6.10pm on Saturday (April 4) and 11.50am on Sunday (April 5).
They smashed a rear window then forced through a partition wall to gain entry to the front of the shop, throwing shelving and stock on the floor.
It comes just days after Toni and Guy hairdressers was targeted in a similar raid last weekend. Thieves kicked in the back door of the shop in Crouch End Hill, between 6pm on Saturday (March 28) night and 10am on Sunday (March 29) morning after jumping down into a courtyard from an overhead walkway between flats above.
You may also want to watch:
They stole two lap tops and more than �1,000 worth of hair products.
Police arrived in the morning to find the next door shop Hair On The Hill also had its back door smashed through.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Anyone with information about these burglaries is asked to contact Det Sgt Nadia Cilenti on 020-8345 0886 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.