Pensioner dies from drug overdose in Kentish Town
PUBLISHED: 17:00 09 April 2013
A pensioner died in her Kentish Town home after reportedly smoking crack with a friend the night before.
Elizabeth Woods died at her home in St Leonard’s Square on January 3 2013, an inquest into her death at St Pancras Coroner’s Court heard on Monday (April 8).
The 61-year-old had a history of drug abuse and had starting using heroin on and off from the age of 41.
A pathologist found she had more than five toxic substances in her system when she died, including methadone, codeine and prescription painkillers which she became addicted to when she hurt her back years before.
Drug paraphernalia and needles were also found in her flat.
Deputy Coroner Dr Gail Elliman recorded an open verdict and said: “Without any clear evidence, whilst it seems possible that her death was accidental, I really have nothing about what happened the night before.
“Therefore I’m obliged to record an open verdict.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ham&High. Click the link in the orange box above for details.