Pensioner dies after being hit by a car in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses to come forward after a woman in her 90s died shortly after being airlifted to hospital
Police were called at around 11am on Saturday to Lyttleton Road to reports of a road traffic accident.
The elderly woman was taken by air ambulance from Lyttleton Playing Fields to The Royal London Hospital, but she sadly died a couple of hours afterwards, before 1pm.
The police have not yet formally identified the woman. A post-mortem examination will be taking place.
The driver stopped at the scene and assisted officers with their enquiries. There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating, and ask that anyone with information about the collision call the witness line on 020 8991 9555 or via 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or tweet @MetCC.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill