Pensioner dies after being hit by a car in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses to come forward after a woman in her 90s died shortly after being airlifted to hospital
Police were called at around 11am on Saturday to Lyttleton Road to reports of a road traffic accident.
The elderly woman was taken by air ambulance from Lyttleton Playing Fields to The Royal London Hospital, but she sadly died a couple of hours afterwards, before 1pm.
The police have not yet formally identified the woman. A post-mortem examination will be taking place.
The driver stopped at the scene and assisted officers with their enquiries. There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating, and ask that anyone with information about the collision call the witness line on 020 8991 9555 or via 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or tweet @MetCC.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'