Pensioner dies after being hit by a car in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses to come forward after a woman in her 90s died shortly after being airlifted to hospital
Police were called at around 11am on Saturday to Lyttleton Road to reports of a road traffic accident.
The elderly woman was taken by air ambulance from Lyttleton Playing Fields to The Royal London Hospital, but she sadly died a couple of hours afterwards, before 1pm.
The police have not yet formally identified the woman. A post-mortem examination will be taking place.
The driver stopped at the scene and assisted officers with their enquiries. There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating, and ask that anyone with information about the collision call the witness line on 020 8991 9555 or via 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or tweet @MetCC.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late