Pensioner dies after being hit by a car in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information and witnesses to come forward after a woman in her 90s died shortly after being airlifted to hospital
Police were called at around 11am on Saturday to Lyttleton Road to reports of a road traffic accident.
The elderly woman was taken by air ambulance from Lyttleton Playing Fields to The Royal London Hospital, but she sadly died a couple of hours afterwards, before 1pm.
The police have not yet formally identified the woman. A post-mortem examination will be taking place.
The driver stopped at the scene and assisted officers with their enquiries. There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating, and ask that anyone with information about the collision call the witness line on 020 8991 9555 or via 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or tweet @MetCC.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home