Pedestrians mown down as car ploughs through railings in Golders Green
TWO pedestrians were mown down when a car ploughed through protective roadside railings in Golders Green today. Shortly before 2pm the grey Toyota Corolla mounted the pavement in Finchley Road outside the Kim Chee restaurant. A police spokesman confirmed
TWO pedestrians were mown down when a car ploughed through protective roadside railings in Golders Green today.
Shortly before 2pm the grey Toyota Corolla mounted the pavement in Finchley Road outside the Kim Chee restaurant.
A police spokesman confirmed that a 21-year-old woman believed to be the driver suffered a suspected broken arm in the collision, while a man, 23, suffered a dislocated shoulder. Both were taken to hospital.
The cause of the accident is being inestigated by police but the Ham&High understands officers are looking into the possibility of a mechanical failure of the car. No arrests have been made in relation to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Miles Perring, manager of Snappy Snaps, which is opposite the site of the incident, said: "I heard the noise and I honestly thought some scaffolding had fallen down. There was a guy wailing a lot and there was one woman on the ground."
Traffic was disrupted with the northbound section of Finchley Road to the south of Golders Green remaining closed until just before 3.30pm.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
For the full story read the Ham&High on Thursday, March 18.