Pedestrians mown down as car ploughs through railings in Golders Green
TWO pedestrians were mown down when a car ploughed through protective roadside railings in Golders Green today. Shortly before 2pm the grey Toyota Corolla mounted the pavement in Finchley Road outside the Kim Chee restaurant. A police spokesman confirmed
TWO pedestrians were mown down when a car ploughed through protective roadside railings in Golders Green today.
Shortly before 2pm the grey Toyota Corolla mounted the pavement in Finchley Road outside the Kim Chee restaurant.
A police spokesman confirmed that a 21-year-old woman believed to be the driver suffered a suspected broken arm in the collision, while a man, 23, suffered a dislocated shoulder. Both were taken to hospital.
The cause of the accident is being inestigated by police but the Ham&High understands officers are looking into the possibility of a mechanical failure of the car. No arrests have been made in relation to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Miles Perring, manager of Snappy Snaps, which is opposite the site of the incident, said: "I heard the noise and I honestly thought some scaffolding had fallen down. There was a guy wailing a lot and there was one woman on the ground."
Traffic was disrupted with the northbound section of Finchley Road to the south of Golders Green remaining closed until just before 3.30pm.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
For the full story read the Ham&High on Thursday, March 18.