Pedestrian rushed to hospital after Finchley Road collision
A woman has been rushed to hospital after colliding with a motorbike on Finchley Road.
The incident, which happened at the Swiss Cottage pedestrian crossing outside Barclays Bank is currently being investigated by police.
Three police vans, an ambulance and the motorbike are still at the scene.
One lane of Finchley Road is closed northbound where debris from the bike is scattered in the road.
A witness to the incident who was on his own motorbike at the time said:
“She was conscious and a man who had basic first aid tended to her while we waited for an ambulance.
He added: “It arrived very quickly, within about five minutes and she was taken to hospital.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
This is the second traffic incident involving a motorbike or scooter on the Finchley Road in the last month.
31-year-old Marco Palombo died after a collision on his scooter on the corner of Arkwight Road on November 5.