Pedestrian rushed to hospital after Finchley Road collision
A woman has been rushed to hospital after colliding with a motorbike on Finchley Road.
The incident, which happened at the Swiss Cottage pedestrian crossing outside Barclays Bank is currently being investigated by police.
Three police vans, an ambulance and the motorbike are still at the scene.
One lane of Finchley Road is closed northbound where debris from the bike is scattered in the road.
A witness to the incident who was on his own motorbike at the time said:
You may also want to watch:
“She was conscious and a man who had basic first aid tended to her while we waited for an ambulance.
He added: “It arrived very quickly, within about five minutes and she was taken to hospital.”
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
This is the second traffic incident involving a motorbike or scooter on the Finchley Road in the last month.
31-year-old Marco Palombo died after a collision on his scooter on the corner of Arkwight Road on November 5.