Pedestrian rushed to hospital after Finchley Road collision
A woman has been rushed to hospital after colliding with a motorbike on Finchley Road.
The incident, which happened at the Swiss Cottage pedestrian crossing outside Barclays Bank is currently being investigated by police.
Three police vans, an ambulance and the motorbike are still at the scene.
One lane of Finchley Road is closed northbound where debris from the bike is scattered in the road.
A witness to the incident who was on his own motorbike at the time said:
You may also want to watch:
“She was conscious and a man who had basic first aid tended to her while we waited for an ambulance.
He added: “It arrived very quickly, within about five minutes and she was taken to hospital.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
This is the second traffic incident involving a motorbike or scooter on the Finchley Road in the last month.
31-year-old Marco Palombo died after a collision on his scooter on the corner of Arkwight Road on November 5.