Pedestrian rushed to hospital after Finchley Road collision
A woman has been rushed to hospital after colliding with a motorbike on Finchley Road.
The incident, which happened at the Swiss Cottage pedestrian crossing outside Barclays Bank is currently being investigated by police.
Three police vans, an ambulance and the motorbike are still at the scene.
One lane of Finchley Road is closed northbound where debris from the bike is scattered in the road.
A witness to the incident who was on his own motorbike at the time said:
You may also want to watch:
“She was conscious and a man who had basic first aid tended to her while we waited for an ambulance.
He added: “It arrived very quickly, within about five minutes and she was taken to hospital.”
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
This is the second traffic incident involving a motorbike or scooter on the Finchley Road in the last month.
31-year-old Marco Palombo died after a collision on his scooter on the corner of Arkwight Road on November 5.