Pedestrian rushed to hospital after Finchley Road collision
A woman has been rushed to hospital after colliding with a motorbike on Finchley Road.
The incident, which happened at the Swiss Cottage pedestrian crossing outside Barclays Bank is currently being investigated by police.
Three police vans, an ambulance and the motorbike are still at the scene.
One lane of Finchley Road is closed northbound where debris from the bike is scattered in the road.
A witness to the incident who was on his own motorbike at the time said:
“She was conscious and a man who had basic first aid tended to her while we waited for an ambulance.
He added: “It arrived very quickly, within about five minutes and she was taken to hospital.”
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 4 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 5 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 Chalcots - Five Years On: Council admits deleting whistleblower emails
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Golders Green house fire under investigation
This is the second traffic incident involving a motorbike or scooter on the Finchley Road in the last month.
31-year-old Marco Palombo died after a collision on his scooter on the corner of Arkwight Road on November 5.