Pedestrian run over by lorry on Euston Road
A man has died after being hit by a lorry on the Euston Road.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene after the collision at the junction of Dukes Road and Euston Road at 9.30 am yesterday. He has yet to be formally identified, but police have revealed that he was 55 years old and from Lincoln. His next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene, but was not arrested. Police have called for witnesses to come forward with any information.
Detective Sergeant Jane Mallet, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit (SCIU), said: “There would have been a number of people in the area who were in the street, local shops or cafes and may well have seen this collision.
“I would ask these people to get in touch with investigators on the dedicated appeal number.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call investigators on 020 8991 9555 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 6 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots