Pedestrian run over by lorry on Euston Road
A man has died after being hit by a lorry on the Euston Road.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene after the collision at the junction of Dukes Road and Euston Road at 9.30 am yesterday. He has yet to be formally identified, but police have revealed that he was 55 years old and from Lincoln. His next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene, but was not arrested. Police have called for witnesses to come forward with any information.
Detective Sergeant Jane Mallet, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit (SCIU), said: “There would have been a number of people in the area who were in the street, local shops or cafes and may well have seen this collision.
“I would ask these people to get in touch with investigators on the dedicated appeal number.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call investigators on 020 8991 9555 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead