Patient is full of praise for Royal Free standards
I am writing to tell you about my recent experience at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. I was booked in to have a cataract operation in my left eye. Astonishingly I was in and out in three-and-a-half hours. The consultant surgeon Mr Little and his w
I am writing to tell you about my recent experience at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
I was booked in to have a cataract operation in my left eye. Astonishingly I was in and out in three-and-a-half hours.
The consultant surgeon Mr Little and his wonderful team made me most welcome and treated me as if I was the only patient there. All the staff washed their hands with the cleaning gel almost every five minutes and certainly before and after they touched any of the dozen or so patients who were having their operations that day.
Everyone was a picture of charm, kindness and professionality. The nurses in the recovery room were so happy and relaxed that I thought I had woken up in a holiday camp.
You may also want to watch:
They called me the next morning at 8am to ask how I was and if all was well.
What is this doom and gloom about the NHS?
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
I say three cheers for the Royal Free for a service second to none.