Patient is full of praise for Royal Free standards
I am writing to tell you about my recent experience at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. I was booked in to have a cataract operation in my left eye. Astonishingly I was in and out in three-and-a-half hours. The consultant surgeon Mr Little and his w
I am writing to tell you about my recent experience at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
I was booked in to have a cataract operation in my left eye. Astonishingly I was in and out in three-and-a-half hours.
The consultant surgeon Mr Little and his wonderful team made me most welcome and treated me as if I was the only patient there. All the staff washed their hands with the cleaning gel almost every five minutes and certainly before and after they touched any of the dozen or so patients who were having their operations that day.
Everyone was a picture of charm, kindness and professionality. The nurses in the recovery room were so happy and relaxed that I thought I had woken up in a holiday camp.
You may also want to watch:
They called me the next morning at 8am to ask how I was and if all was well.
What is this doom and gloom about the NHS?
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
I say three cheers for the Royal Free for a service second to none.